"It wasn't the reward that mattered or the recognition you might harvest. It was your depth of commitment, your quality of service, the product of your devotion -- these were the things that counted in a life. When you gave purely, the honor came in the giving, and that was honor enough."
                -- Scott O'Grady

Author Topic: Regia Anglorum - 'Kingdom of the English'  (Read 3635 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Regia Anglorum - 'Kingdom of the English'
« on: 2011-02-09, 17:01:21 »
I came across this site while doing some research on Elizabeth Chadwick, the writer of The Greatest Knight and The Scarlet Lion, the two books that chronicle the Marshal's life from beginning to end, in a nutshell- she's a charter member of this group.  Check out the site:  http://www.regia.org/main.htm

They're based in the UK, Maybe Sir Gerard is already affiliated through F.O.G.?  Anyway, I mention it because their membership rolls state that they prefer members be part of a local group, a la F.O.G. or our own OotM (Order of the Marshal) and membership fees are not bank-breaking so far as I could tell.  The likelihood of our being in a feature production or what have you is probably significantly less than if we were in the UK but I still think it would be good to be recognized on our own but also as a group part of Reglia Anglorum. 

Your thoughts, Knights?
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Regia Anglorum - 'Kingdom of the English'
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-11, 22:25:34 »
It does say they have groups in the US. I'm not sure how worthwhile the membership fees would be, but it might be nice to chat with some stateside members of the group and see what they say. The 1066 range is a few hundred years before my time, though. ;)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Regia Anglorum - 'Kingdom of the English'
« Reply #2 on: 2011-02-13, 20:24:09 »
they have been around for a long time. they are the saxon version to "The Vikings UK" etc