"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."
                -- Mary Pickford

Author Topic: Camelot on Stars  (Read 4798 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces

Sir Patrick

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Nex pro inhonesto, Deus pro totus.
    • The Order of the Marshal
Re: Camelot on Stars
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-23, 17:01:42 »
Between that and "Game of Thrones", I really need to upgrade my U-verse package!
Gules, a chevron argent between three cinquefoils ermine.
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."
Knight, Order of the Marshal

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-25, 15:08:49 »
Oh my...Starz is really bringing the thunder.  This, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and Pillars of the Earth, they are catering to my tastes seemingly exclusively!  Can't wait for this one to start.  Eva Green is playing Guinevere?  OH BOY.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #3 on: 2011-01-25, 16:18:58 »
hey i just watched the first sparticus on netfliks. very 300 but kept my attention

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-01-25, 21:00:22 »
Oh yes, they did take a few pages from 300- specifically the fight segments, but very entertaining.  Love seeing Xena gettin her sexy on too...always was a fan of Ms. Lawless.  Gotta wonder about her hubby though...can't say I'd be able to handle seeing my wife sex it up onscreen with a bunch of well-muscled half-nude men (and women- that part would not bother me tho lol) you know?
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2011-03-01, 16:04:54 »
I just saw the first episode/sneak peek on this new show Camelot...caught my attention and held it but I'm of course waiting to see what occurs.  James Purefoy was an excellent choice as Lot of Orkney and rather than being an ally, he is Uther's biggest competition and as such, Arthur's.

The environs are dark and drab, evoking the Dark Ages when Arthur is said to have lived if he did, I like the realization of Camelot as an old relic overgrown by nature, a seat of ancient power if you will.  I look forward to seeing how this all unfolds- definitely worth watching imho.