Main > The Round Table

Mood Music

<< < (4/9) > >>

Sir James (Fiat Lux):
Depends on the context and mood. Recently it's been a lot of Albannach and Apocalyptica.

Sir Edward:
Someone following our FB page posted a youtube link to a piece from "Two Steps From Hell". I clicked through on a few others. Epic soundtrack sort of music.

Corvus:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-11-03, 20:10:19 ---

That's a good question. I have a variety of CDs from the renfaires that cover a wide range of styles. I'll have to look at what I have. I definitely want to expand this to have more actual period music rather than being almost entirely renfaire music, if you know what I mean. Though I should mention that we have most of Owain Phyfe's albums. If you're not familiar with him, he's an extremely skilled performer, fluent in several languages, and performs period songs in a variety of languages. Like eight or more. I forget how many exactly.

What I've been listening to this afternoon is "The Celestine Prophecy" and "Epic" by Christopher Franke (the dude who did the soundtrack for the Babylon5 series). They're not medieval or period music, more like modern electronic music. But there's a sort of "peering back through time" sort of feel to them.

--- End quote ---

Christopher Franke is also one of my favorites. Bear McReary is also a real good listen in almost any work he has done.

B. Patricius:
These are great responses
here's my addition

I also like to listen to anything that pumps me up, regardless if it's period or not.  Linkin Park, STP, CCR, MotorHead, Theory of a Deadman, Clancy Brothers, Gaelic Storm, Dropkick Murphy's, etc etc :D

Ian:
Check out Wardruna.  They attempt to faithfully recreate the music of the Vikings, and it sounds awesome.  It's kind of ambient and cathartic.  And for those of you who might be metalheads, you may recognize the long-haired vocalist as Gaahl, formally of Gorgoroth.  I own their first album, which is based on the runic alphabet.  I think they're releasing another album in a couple months.  Many, if not all of the instruments they use are homemade and attempts at reproductions of period instruments.  The leader of the band, the short-haired dude made most of them himself afaik.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version