Main > The Round Table

Mood Music

(1/9) > >>

Sir William:
I was wondering...do any of you Knights listen to some sort of 'mood music' to put you into the medieval frame of mind?  Looking for some good music to listen to that isn't contemporary, although I must admit, I just discovered Stone Temple Pilots and I'm kinda diggin that which led to this question.

Sir Edward:

That's a good question. I have a variety of CDs from the renfaires that cover a wide range of styles. I'll have to look at what I have. I definitely want to expand this to have more actual period music rather than being almost entirely renfaire music, if you know what I mean. Though I should mention that we have most of Owain Phyfe's albums. If you're not familiar with him, he's an extremely skilled performer, fluent in several languages, and performs period songs in a variety of languages. Like eight or more. I forget how many exactly.

What I've been listening to this afternoon is "The Celestine Prophecy" and "Epic" by Christopher Franke (the dude who did the soundtrack for the Babylon5 series). They're not medieval or period music, more like modern electronic music. But there's a sort of "peering back through time" sort of feel to them.

Sir William:
I'll look him up, Owain Phyfe.  I'd be interested in both medieval and medievally-inspired music, to be frank. 

Sir Wolf:
Conan the barbarian soundtrack
Excalibur soundtrack

;)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-11-03, 20:13:25 ---I'll look him up, Owain Phyfe.  I'd be interested in both medieval and medievally-inspired music, to be frank.  

--- End quote ---

Yep, he's a renfaire performer, but he rarely makes it over to MDRF. He's awesome.

From the renfaires I have a combination of:

Albannach,
Cast in Bronze (carillon),
Lunasa
Medieval Baebes,
Melissa Kacalanos (hurdy gurdy),
Owain Phyfe,
The Rogues,
Teribus,
Vince Conaway (hammered dulcimer).

I'll also mix in:

Secret Garden,
Loreena McKinnett,
Clannad,
Darby Devon,
Connemara,
Jared Denhard (Idylls of the King, Canterbury Suite),
Joanie Madden (Song of the Irish Whistle)

And that's just what I have bought/ripped into iTunes. Kat has so much more that I haven't had a chance to borrow from her. :) Always on the lookout for more too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version