"You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."
                -- James Allen

Author Topic: The Beginner's Guide to the Long Sword: European Martial Arts Weaponry Technique  (Read 4396 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
The Beginner's Guide to the Long Sword: European Martial Arts Weaponry Techniques
Steven Flick

http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Guide-Long-Sword-Techniques/dp/0897501780/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Product Details

* Paperback: 175 pages
    * Publisher: Black Belt Communications (May 1, 2009)
    * Language: English
    * ISBN-10: 0897501780
    * ISBN-13: 978-0897501781
    * Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 5.9 x 0.6 inches
    * Shipping Weight: 8 ounces

anyone read this one yet? just saw it on amazon listing and was wondering how dummy proof (me!!) it would be

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
I haven't read it. I hate to say anything negative, as I've met the author and think he's a good guy, but I have heard a lot of bad things about the book. Nonetheless, I'm curious to read it myself.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
I'm curious to hear what it was you heard and how true it turned out to be once you've read the book, Bill.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€