Main > The Round Table

Discussion: Honor

<< < (13/14) > >>

Justin:
Tis' true, honor is not as prominent today, as it once was. That said, I do have the pleasure of bearing witness to honorable moments in my career field. The finest example of honor I can think of, is when we render aid to defeated enemies. To save the life of the man that just tried his hardest to take yours, that, is honor.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Justin Alvira on 2015-06-29, 21:14:36 ---Tis' true, honor is not as prominent today, as it once was. That said, I do have the pleasure of bearing witness to honorable moments in my career field. The finest example of honor I can think of, is when we render aid to defeated enemies. To save the life of the man that just tried his hardest to take yours, that, is honor.

--- End quote ---

Well said.  I think honor may not be very common in society as whole today (I also don't think it was as widespread as we like to believe it was in the Middle Ages), it is definitely emphasized in certain populations like the military.  I spent 10 years as an officer in the Navy and I will never come across such a large concentration of honor again in my life.  I miss flying, but what I miss most of all are the quality of people that I had the opportunity to lead and serve, and the camaraderie therein. 

Sir Martyn:
Now you have to make due with us, Sir Ian ;)

Justin:
He will be alright. He is in good company.

Sir_Edward_ReBrook:
This is one of the best threads I've ever read on this topic. Sir Patrick, especially well penned. I too believe honor is a journey, if for no other reason than we are tested in various different ways throughout life. I will also say that while I consider it a journey, it does have a starting point - the coincidence between integrity, bravery, and service to an ideal.

Excellent topic, Sir Edward.

Respectfully,

Edward, GOTJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version