"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: total complete revamp  (Read 2615 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
total complete revamp
« on: 2010-08-01, 17:30:46 »
redoing my 13thc kit completely. i just didn't like the way mine was turning out. going with a early 13thc English look with the longer flat top kite shield. i know in Europe the heater was the fashion, but there are a lot of effigies with the longer kite still in use up to almost 1250.

helmet: using the late 13thc helm I have but would like to get a Sugerloaf
surcoat: sewing it now. going with all red linen with white linen interior. will have a white chevron in the middle
mail: using my riveted coif and butted mail shirt.  I was able to length the sleeves and add mitten on to it.  I am going to re-size the mittens this winter.
legs: i want a pair of riveted chausis from Icefalcon, but right now I am using my padded chausis with soup can knees that have some mail hanging to cover my shins.
shield: flat top kite. will be red with white chevron.
sword: basic round pommel with straight guard. need to make a scabbard and correct sword belt.
belt: thin belt with Mercia Castings buckle and end.

we will see how this looks before I move on and do my 14thc kit to catch up with you guys.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: total complete revamp
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-01, 20:21:04 »
I don't think the sugarloafs were really early 13th. Didn't they appear much later, like end of the 13th going into the 14th? Sounds like you're aiming closer to where I've ended up with mine. :)

1250 was still -early- great helms, with wide flat tops, as per the Maciejowski images.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: total complete revamp
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-01, 22:48:48 »
ya your right, that's why I'm waiting on the sugar hehehe. but there soooooo nice hehehe