"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty."
                -- Lau Tzu

Author Topic: keep an eye on this place  (Read 5440 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
keep an eye on this place
« on: 2010-06-30, 22:58:41 »
http://www.westlandcrafts.com

they just got their web page up. its not finished and there are lots of stuff offered on the armour archive that hasn't made the page yet. they said it should be updated within the next week.

GREAT prices on shoes etc. and they do bulk orders for like less that half the retail price.

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: keep an eye on this place
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-03, 05:44:55 »
The site appears to be a reseller of revival.us (not to be confused with Revival Clothing). Sadly, I can't really do business with them in good conscience, as I've found Revival's business practices to be very immoral, and I try to steer people away from them whenever possible.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-03, 14:58:00 »
nope, they are a company in india. if you check the armour archive they are a company tring to make money with decent business practices (at least what they state)  they have the historic shoe books and are basing all of thier designs on it as well as the archive suggestions.

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-03, 15:12:35 »
nope, they are a company in india. if you check the armour archive they are a company tring to make money with decent business practices (at least what they state)  they have the historic shoe books and are basing all of thier designs on it as well as the archive suggestions.

Ah, okay. They definitely have some of the same products as Revival.us (unless if they've plagerized the designs). For example, I use those same WMA Kevlar gloves that Brian Price designed for Revival.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-04, 12:52:33 »
i dunno what is up with that. i think someone wanted some stuff and they made it for them. there are several archive threads for them. i have been tempted to go in on the AA group orders for some shoes, i just don't have the cash.

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-04, 13:15:07 »
The story when they first popped up on the AA was that becaue they got screwed by a US company they supplied ( they did not and would not say who ) out of $250,000 they were owed, they had opted to remove the middle man and sell direct. They've been going gangbusters on the AA ever since.

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-04, 17:41:45 »
thank you Allen, I totally forgot that bit.

but anyways, nice looking period shoes. and they do improvements if you want them more or less historical.

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-05, 14:59:03 »
Ah, very good to know!

In that case, I hope they start actually putting prices on their website. :)

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-16, 16:37:45 »
just found out a friend of mine might be carrying these shoes in the future. if so i'l prob buy from them so i can help out their business etc. i'll let ya know who it is when they get set up.