Main > The Round Table

Gifts for the kids

<< < (6/8) > >>

Sir Edward:

Yeah, Ive heard people talk about using the gold dollars to pay for their faire expenses. It's a nice way to feel more period. The only difficulty is that a dollar doesn't go as far as a period coin would, so you have to carry a bunch of them. :)

As for gifting the kids with them... ugh... Apparently concerns have been raised about it being... well... concerning that "those knights" at MDRF are giving things to kids. I mean really... really? People are worried about knights bending down to speak kindly and give a coin to a child, with the parent's supervision? We've been asked to tone it down.

I think some faire-goers just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.

Sir Wolf:
you know a member of my church is a member of ummm crud i can't remember what order of knights it is... anyways, every Sunday before church he's a greeter and gives kids a brand new gold dollar. there' super happy about it. he told me it meant nothing it was just a way he knew to make kids happy hehehhe.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-09-16, 18:54:47 ---
Yeah, Ive heard people talk about using the gold dollars to pay for their faire expenses. It's a nice way to feel more period. The only difficulty is that a dollar doesn't go as far as a period coin would, so you have to carry a bunch of them. :)

As for gifting the kids with them... ugh... Apparently concerns have been raised about it being... well... concerning that "those knights" at MDRF are giving things to kids. I mean really... really? People are worried about knights bending down to speak kindly and give a coin to a child, with the parent's supervision? We've been asked to tone it down.

I think some faire-goers just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.

--- End quote ---

That sounds like someone looking to sue for something...I really, really dislike people w/that mindset.  I remember this girl I dated had a minor fender bender and she wanted to go to court because her brother had done so and got a $5k award for pain and suffering...I wanted to take him out back and teach him a freakin lesson in pain and suffering.  WTH?  He didn't need that money, his car's damage was less than a grand.  She was an idiot too, no wonder I dumped her.  lol

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I really hate that attitude. The "let's see what I can get away with" sort of me-me-me mentality. It's sickening.

Sir William:
Yea; and I have little patience for people of that sort.  Those very same people would consider the thought alien of actually helping someone else out just for the good it would do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version