Main > The Round Table

Pirate vs. Knight

<< < (2/5) > >>

Dragonlover:
Scotch? What Scotch?...... :D

Gnome:
Greetings ok I know this is a little out dated but I had to chime in.

In the Knight v Pirate episode they take no account of the availability of the technology.  They pit the "absolute apex " of pirate tek against the "absolute must haves" of any self respecting Knight.

I have been led to believe that at max there were 4 or 5 grenades on an entire ship to be used in volley against another ship. Not really carried around on land. The availability of the blunder bust is on the same standard.

I know the show is supposed to be entertaining. It just makes my job harder in the real world when I half to reeducate people at fair.   

HeHe that's funny my real world job is at fair it's a tuff life.

Nute & Donna

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Gnome on 2009-09-08, 15:29:22 ---Greetings ok I know this is a little out dated but I had to chime in.
--- End quote ---

Huzzah the Gnome is back! Looking forward to seeing you both in October!  :)

--- Quote ---In the Knight v Pirate episode they take no account of the availability of the technology.  They pit the "absolute apex " of pirate tek against the "absolute must haves" of any self respecting Knight.

I have been led to believe that at max there were 4 or 5 grenades on an entire ship to be used in volley against another ship. Not really carried around on land. The availability of the blunder bust is on the same standard.

I know the show is supposed to be entertaining. It just makes my job harder in the real world when I half to reeducate people at fair.
--- End quote ---

I also don't care for some of their other match ups as well...most don't make any sense at all.  :-\

--- Quote ---HeHe that's funny my real world job is at fair it's a tuff life.

--- End quote ---
The irony is delicious!  :D

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
I must say I had the misfortune to watch this............ WHAT A LOAD OF OLD CRAP !!
lol
G

Sir Brian:
I found a link to an interesting online article along this same general subject except it looks at that
old Samurai vs Knight debate. I think it covered everything quite well. ;)

http://www.thearma.org/essays/knightvs.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version