"Do not be tricked into thinking that there are no crocodiles just because the water is still."
                -- Malaysian Proverb

Author Topic: collections?  (Read 5275 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
collections?
« on: 2009-05-21, 13:16:57 »
anyone got any pictures of their collections? swords, armour etc? here are a few of mine. i have a few more but these fit nicely in the picture together.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: collections?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-21, 14:13:46 »
I still need to take a consolidated photo like that. I have individual pictures of most of my stuff though, which of course is on my website: http://ed.toton.org/weapons/

I don't think there's a room in my house that's big enough to lay it all out on the floor in a circular pattern, not without clearing the furniture from the middle of my living room. :)
« Last Edit: 2009-05-21, 14:14:02 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-21, 21:15:43 »
hehehe. i always wanted to do the swords in the circle on the wall. ever since i saw highlander and u see the reference in his war room ;)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-22, 00:23:31 »

I totally want that room.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-22, 05:49:08 »
Well, I don't have a group shot, but I do have this gallery, which I've posted before:

http://www.myarmoury.com/collection_bill.html

Unfortunately, that gallery is also a few years old. I've sold off a few pieces since then, and added a LOT more to it.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #5 on: 2009-05-22, 13:08:02 »

Any plans to update it, Bill? The collections on myArmoury is what inspired me to create my own collection page.

Man, still thinking about that room... or a room in general. I have so much stuff now, that it really needs a "museum room" in my house.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #6 on: 2009-05-22, 15:09:31 »
muhahhahaha we can build it you know ;)

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #7 on: 2009-05-22, 15:58:53 »

Any plans to update it, Bill? The collections on myArmoury is what inspired me to create my own collection page.

It all depends on Nathan's schedule. myArmoury used to be updated every week with new featured articles and reviews. That lasted for a while, but it became too hard for our small team to keep that up at that rate, we eventually revised this to be every other week. After a few years of that, all of us got busier, particularly Nathan. We have a lot of articles and reviews that are done and awaiting publication, but Nathan's been so busy over the past two years or so that he can only update it every once and awhile. I suspect things will stay that way unless if he gets a different job.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #8 on: 2009-05-22, 16:33:30 »

Yeah, I know how busy schedules can really get in the way. I was under the impression though that the personal collections were a little more autonomous. If they're not, I think that would be a great new feature. Since the site is called "myArmoury", it would be great if it were set up to let people publish their own collections, and then the site could generate all sorts of interesting statistics about ownership distribution and the like.

I'm wondering how well it would work also if Nathan could delegate some of these publishing roles a bit more. I know it's hard to do, since the site needs to be altered to permit admin rights to features that so far might not even have a web interface. There's also a trust issue (believe me, I understand this one, being a server admin).
Sir Ed T. Toton III