"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
                -- Marcus Aurelius

Author Topic: Arms and Armor sale: 15% off for this week  (Read 5281 times)

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
Arms and Armor sale: 15% off for this week
« on: 2009-03-12, 06:43:16 »
I don't know if you guys have seen, but A&A are having a 15% off sale for in stock items until March 18.

http://www.armor.com/news.html

It even includes their Muster Sale items... they still have one of those poleaxes for sale there.

I already own one, so there's no reason for me to get it... they also have that awesome custom version of the Saxon Military Sword with the thumb ring, but since I already own the standard version, I can't justify buying that, either.

I did, however, just purchase a one of their Square Targets.

I've been planning on getting one forever, and I've been studying more and more Bolognese Swordsmanship (thanks to Steve Reich). The Bolognese tradition uses these frequently, so I figure I'll take advantage of the sale. I'm horribly tempted to purchase some other items, but I've promised myself I'd be good. :)
« Last Edit: 2009-03-12, 06:45:51 by Das Bill »
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Arms and Armor sale: 15% off for this week
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-12, 15:57:58 »

Ah crap... I was going to wait a while before buying more swords! But this is hard to pass up. I'm tempted to grab the "Henry V" sword, which I've been putting off for a good year or so. The Iberian Mace looks very tasty too. :)

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-13, 01:21:51 »
OK, I totally caved. I have a Henry V on the way. Once again, I'm doing a poor job of taking a break from buying swords... doh!
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-13, 15:19:48 »
OK, I totally caved. I have a Henry V on the way. Once again, I'm doing a poor job of taking a break from buying swords... doh!

Heh, yeah, I had to really resist not getting anything. I was going to get a classic medieval dagger with a sheath, because I was thinking about how that's so much cheaper than a sword... until I realized that if I got both it and the shield I'd be going over three hundred dollars. Allas, I'll have to content myself with the target and no dagger.

The Henry V is a fantastic choice. I used to own one, and I sold it a little while back... I regret that. Its a very "handy" sword: It balances cutting and thrusting nicely, where it isn't necessarily the best at either, but the whole package still works quite well. It handles incredibly well.
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-14, 15:09:16 »

ahhhhhhhhh i hate you hehehehe. good thing we had that conversation eh? hehehe i love this sword

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-14, 20:28:35 »

Well, I've been planning to get it for like a year, and putting it off because of all the Albion deals that kept coming up. So when I managed to talk them into letting me have the sale on a hollow-ground version, that pretty well clinched it. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-14, 21:01:36 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-15, 05:35:52 »
So when I managed to talk them into letting me have the sale on a hollow-ground version, that pretty well clinched it. :)

Oh, that's awesome!

Dragonlover

« Reply #8 on: 2009-03-18, 13:21:35 »
Yep! Darn good stroke of luck, there! :D