"Do not be tricked into thinking that there are no crocodiles just because the water is still."
                -- Malaysian Proverb

Author Topic: Divinity Original Sin (CRPG)  (Read 3480 times)

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Divinity Original Sin (CRPG)
« on: 2014-07-07, 21:04:40 »
If any of the PC RPG fans out there are looking for a return to the good old core RPG experience that made CRPGs awesome in the first place you may want to check out Divinity Original Sin.  It's supposed to deliver the hardcore crpg experience reminiscent of Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights etc.  One cool feature I saw in a demo was that you can actually split up your part and have them do things individually if you want.

Elements interact.  So for example if you spot fire, you can use a water spell or manipulate a water container to put it out.  If there's water on the ground you can electrify monsters standing in it with magic.  Most things in the environment are able to be manipulated.  It's really pretty awesome.   

Your characters can actually argue through dialogue.  So if you play co-op, you can disagree on a course of action and it will use character attributes to determine outcomes and give you options.

It was a realized kickstarter game that just released a week or two ago.  So far it's getting incredibly positive reviews.  They're saying it really delivers that true in-depth role playing experience and the good tactical combat of the above listed games (unlike the more arcade based action rpg's that are common now), and their pen and paper inspirations.  Check it out!

« Last Edit: 2014-07-08, 01:26:09 by Ian »
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Divinity Original Sin (CRPG)
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-08, 13:41:17 »

That looks pretty slick. And a map/mission editor? Nice!

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )