Main > The Round Table

Heraldic Gonfalons - but on a smaller scale

<< < (2/4) > >>

Eva de Carduus Weald:
I am sorry for my ignorance but what is a Gonfalon? I assume it is like a small banner to say, "This here thing belongs to Sir Whoziwhatsit." Is that so? Or does it serve a different purpose?

Sir Douglas:
Yeah, they're basically vertically-hanging banners. Historically I think they were largely ecclesiastical/ceremonial in nature (I could be wrong on that), but we mostly use them to say, "Sir Whoziwhatsit is here". ;)

Eva de Carduus Weald:
Awesome coolness! Now I am going to need to figure out how to make em! Undoubtedly hubby will be "thrilled" I have found yet another project. lol

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Eva de Carduus Weald on 2014-08-14, 16:28:59 ---Awesome coolness! Now I am going to need to figure out how to make em! Undoubtedly hubby will be "thrilled" I have found yet another project. lol

--- End quote ---

The ones in this thread are indoor/outdoor canvas with weather-resistant (weather-proof?) paint.

Forgot to post that I received them a couple weeks ago but haven't had time to cut / seal the rods or hang them yet.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Eva de Carduus Weald on 2014-08-14, 16:28:59 ---Awesome coolness! Now I am going to need to figure out how to make em! Undoubtedly hubby will be "thrilled" I have found yet another project. lol

--- End quote ---

Hah! Yes, filling the house with lots of unfinished (and completed) projects can certainly drive family members batty. Welcome to historical reenactment. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version