Main > The Round Table

Heraldic Gonfalons - but on a smaller scale

(1/4) > >>

Sir James A:
I commissioned Cillene at Dirk and Arrow - who made the Marshal gonfalon, as well as many Order members - to make some of these smaller size gonfalons, and in rectangular format instead of shield shaped. Instead of 24" x 36" (standard gonfalon size), these are roughly 12" x 18" (1/4 scale). Here's some pencil work sketch so far:

The idea being they are more "picture sized" and would serve as good medieval themed decor where I don't have as much wall space as I would for a full size gonfalon, or if I wanted a set of smaller ones.

They should be done in a week or so. I'll take pics when I get them. :)

Ian:
Looking good.  What is the one on the left?  What colors will it be?

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-07-05, 23:10:12 ---Looking good.  What is the one on the left?  What colors will it be?

--- End quote ---

Thanks. The one on the left is historical Anderson surname heraldry, Anderson of Erbury. It's "argent, a chevron between three cross crosslets sable": white field, black chevron & crosslets. It was the primary inspiration for my heraldry, which I inverted the colors, and used lions (my zodiac symbol) instead of the cross crosslets.

Sir Jason Simonds:
Looks good. I still need to get my order in. Probably wait til after MDRF thou.

Sir James A:
Paintwork was done on them earlier this week, and they are adding the loops, hanging pole, rope, etc. Might have them in hand next week or two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version