Main > The Round Table

Let's Discuss Honor, Pt 2 (Real Tourney Example).

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir William:
Well, perhaps not the entire society, but a good number of the players make the effort is what I should've said.  Thanks Sir Ian.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-06-19, 18:37:47 ---Well, perhaps not the entire society, but a good number of the players make the effort is what I should've said.  Thanks Sir Ian.

--- End quote ---

I can't tell be your response, but just in case... it was just a joke.

Aiden of Oreland:
Why go through the trouble to defeat your opponent just to give him the advantage? If both agree to the terms of the match the honorable thing would to be see it out. Would the opponent not recognize his foes earned advantage and respect its well earnings.

Thorsteinn:
My views are not common in the West Kingdom. We have this weird "no arm taking" & "extreme fair play" issue going. To the point I have seen a fighter not go for legs or arms that then got pissed when their opponent didn't match their high-minded silliness.

Besides, the word-fame of one who beats another from great disadvantage is not small. So why deny the opponent that chance? :)

Lord Dane:
Your fight for the Crown is how you honor yourself in combat. I expect my opponent to take my head and claim what has been rightly earned and justly deserved. No victory without sacrificing something, but what are you willing to give in order to gain? A noble gesture shows good intention but if you are so willing to take the Crown in a fight, you best earn it. Nothing is giving freely, and merit must be earned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version