"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: NSTIW Story Time (Add your own) :D  (Read 4293 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
NSTIW Story Time (Add your own) :D
« on: 2014-04-21, 17:16:10 »
NSTIW Story Time:

Did a HEMA German Dagger Disarms Demo with wasters once a few years back with my friend Milan Heninger whom I trust implicitly. We did like 4 passes where I would chose the attack, and he would come up with a disarm. On the 4th pass someone said "what is this fake stuff?" so my friend looks at me with flinty eyes and says "attack me for real!" I made sure he was serious, then came at him with full lethal intent. I don't know what he did but I went flying through the air some 12 ft, came down hard, rolled to my feet en garde, only to find him about to attack me with the dagger. Then we both stopped and bowed to the crowd.
Said naysayer was rather quiet.

We got big applause, which helped make up for the torqued wrist & ankle.  8)
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: NSTIW Story Time (Add your own) :D
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-22, 00:41:37 »
You Show that Farb!
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-01, 00:36:37 »
 NSTIW: Eastern Weapon Pas d'Armes maybe 10 years ago.

Me & my Baogua Dao vs Sir Khaalid al-Jaraad & his twin scimitars. We double killed 11 times in a row in the exact same way. I onside deep snap him to the left ribs (mezzano) & he hits me in the head with a flat snap. I kept hitting about where a gap in his armor was (his 4 mirror armor was not yet complete). On the 12th pass I killed him mostly due to the accrued damage his ribs had taken slowing him down.

My head was fine however.   ;)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-01, 00:37:08 »
One from Sir Connor FitzJames old squire Cadell:

He was in a Coronet fight using S&S. Opponent had a glaive. The opponent cut at Cadell body vertically. Cadell voided the cut then stepped on the glaive when it neared the ground and proceeded to run up the haft, then stepped on the guys shoulder, and struck him in the back of the head while leaping off said shoulder. He landed and turned around to see a very confused opponent.

Guy could be seen replaying what just happened step-by-step. He then turned around & said "I guess you killed me, well done my lord" and fell to the ground.

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-01, 23:32:28 »
One from Sir Connor FitzJames old squire Cadell:

He was in a Coronet fight using S&S. Opponent had a glaive. The opponent cut at Cadell body vertically. Cadell voided the cut then stepped on the glaive when it neared the ground and proceeded to run up the haft, then stepped on the guys shoulder, and struck him in the back of the head while leaping off said shoulder. He landed and turned around to see a very confused opponent.

Guy could be seen replaying what just happened step-by-step. He then turned around & said "I guess you killed me, well done my lord" and fell to the ground.

I didn't know they allowed ninjas.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"