Main > The Round Table

Franklin school stabbing. Are some people just born Evil?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-04-14, 17:26:37 ---We could have our own Dark Knight. I guess his heraldry would have to be Or, a bat displayed Sable.

--- End quote ---

I feel like this is a "day of wrong" idea for MD Renn Fest! Maybe next year when I have my black armor.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-04-14, 18:24:36 ---
--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-04-14, 17:26:37 ---We could have our own Dark Knight. I guess his heraldry would have to be Or, a bat displayed Sable.

--- End quote ---

I feel like this is a "day of wrong" idea for MD Renn Fest! Maybe next year when I have my black armor.

--- End quote ---

Indeed!

*** LIGHT BULB ***   :)

Thorsteinn:
Yes there is Evil, just look at my former Uncle-in-law, but I read this case and I see a very complex, not simple, situation.

As with so many things in life, the truth depends greatly on your own point of view.

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Master Obi Wan

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-04-21, 17:22:41 ---Yes there is Evil, just look at my former Uncle-in-law, but I read this case and I see a very complex, not simple, situation.

As with so many things in life, the truth depends greatly on your own point of view.

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Master Obi Wan

--- End quote ---

Wisely spoken

scott2978:
This is another question I have often pondered. What is evil? As a full time GM of role playing games I often must portray good and evil convincingly to the players, and in a game like D&D or Pathfinder the difference makes a big difference. But I often find in writing complex stories for the players to participate in, that the definition of "evil" depends on the perceptions of the player. I can demonstrate by asking the age old D&D question "So, what do you do with the baby orcs?" If you kill them while they are helpless babies, is that evil? If you spare them and they grow up to attack innocent people, does that justify killing the next bunch of baby orcs? The same kind of thinking can be applied to real life. But I confess this is merely academic, because the reality of life is much more black and white than art would have us believe.

One thing I can say from personal experience is that some human beings simply do not feel anything resembling common decency and humanity. Perhaps that, in it's fullness, is really the definition of evil.

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-04-21, 17:22:41 ---"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Master Obi Wan

--- End quote ---

I have always hated that line. One should be extremely suspicious of a ghost telling one that everything he knows to be true is a lie, and almost in the same breath who one's greatest enemy really is. The truth, my dear Obi-Wan, is not quite so flexible!

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version