Main > The Round Table

Medieval Trencher

<< < (7/12) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-04-03, 21:37:55 ---
--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-04-03, 19:16:53 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-04-03, 18:59:45 ---
Isn't it Sir Nathans job to mentor this child  ;)

--- End quote ---

That's frightening...

--- End quote ---

In what way?  Sir Nathan is a fully fledged knight of the Order, unlike our young Nate here, who is a newly-minted Page, as is his brother, Aiden (who is Sir Ian's protege/mentee).  Besides, I had my first taste of beer at age 11 or 12 I think; didn't kill me or make me into a delinquent.  Mind you, I took the poison off my Dad's (just means first sip).  I didn't like it then...but I love it now!

--- End quote ---

May I add that these things Nate are what colleges look for so be wary of what you say on the internet. If you noticed any statements I made in regard to this stuff I used a choice of words to evade such problems. Posts like these could ruin a college career.

William, I may like that stuff in the future, but right now I have to and prefer to stick with the root bear lol

Mike W.:
I mean it purely in jest. I've had the good fortune of enjoying Sir Nathan's good company at a few parties at CUA. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy and has my utmost respect. As for underage drinking, I am in no way a member of the Temperance movement. I remember getting completely drunk for the first time at 16. I see that my jocular sarcasm seems to have not been adequately communicated. Alas, text can be a poor medium at times.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-04-04, 01:08:55 ---May I add that these things Nate are what colleges look for so be wary of what you say on the internet. If you noticed any statements I made in regard to this stuff I used a choice of words to evade such problems. Posts like these could ruin a college career.

--- End quote ---

Not just colleges, but employers too. It's scary in some sectors of the working world. Teachers have been fired for having party pictures on facebook that showed them drinking *something* from a plastic cup. Some companies ask people for their facebook passwords so they can more easily look through it. It's crazy.

So it's something worth keeping in mind.

Mike W.:
One thing I've always done at parties before I was 21 was to always drink out of a solo cup. That way if a photo of me ended up online, there was no proof I was ever drinking alcohol.

Ian:
Lighten up people! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version