Main > The Round Table

Blacks in medieval armies

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Nate:
I will seriously consider him being from the holy land.
Then again, the artist may have just decided to put it in the picture.  Meaning it may have been more common than we know.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-03-13, 19:37:13 ---Even back then, they had their 'token' Black man.  lol  And looka that, he's wearing our colors, Sir Edward!  ;)

--- End quote ---

Well, blue is the superior color. :)

Sir Douglas:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-03-14, 13:12:31 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-03-13, 19:37:13 ---Even back then, they had their 'token' Black man.  lol  And looka that, he's wearing our colors, Sir Edward!  ;)

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Totally. ;D

Sir William:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2014-03-14, 17:05:50 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-03-14, 13:12:31 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Totally. ;D

--- End quote ---

When great minds think alike, we can't all be wrong, right?  ;)

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2014-03-14, 01:21:25 ---My guess is they would either be Ethiopian Christians or Moors who migrated to Europe. I did read stuff about some black knights who migrated to Europe. I also have seen period art of blacks in training manuals and that one St Maurice statue is clearly African in its features. My guess is they'd be more common in the southern parts of Europe rather than the north due to trading and whatnot going on there people would migrate to make money.

--- End quote ---

What's that?  Someone call me?  lol

I can get behind what you're saying there Ulrich...not knowing much about it (I never thought to look it up despite knowing I can't be the only Black man in all of history who heeded the call to knighthood) I can't say either way, but it certainly seems plausible enough.  Definitely worth me looking into.

Sir Nate:

I can get behind what you're saying there Ulrich...not knowing much about it (I never thought to look it up despite knowing I can't be the only Black man in all of history who heeded the call to knighthood) I can't say either way, but it certainly seems plausible enough.  Definitely worth me looking into.

[/quote]

Well there was also the Templar at medieval madness William.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version