"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect."
                -- Carl Von Clausewitz

Author Topic: Game: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance"  (Read 24087 times)

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Game: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance"
« Reply #30 on: 2014-02-12, 16:48:56 »
I can't stand the horses in Skyrim.  I installed mods to make it at least go as fast as a horse should, but they're so wonky to control.  I hated that they couldn't just turn on the spot when standing still like a real horse.  So if you were near the edge of anything it was difficult to deftly move away from it without doing very unnatural movements.  That and they fell like 3 feet and would die...
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 2014-02-12, 19:43:38 »
Agreed; for that generation of games, they were pretty bad.  It's probably not so bad for the average gamer who probably has never ridden before but anyone who's into horses is going to be able to tell.  The best horses are in Red Dead Redemption as far as I'm concerned; they behave like horses would- able to turn in place, they get tired after a long sprint (but can canter w/out losing speed)- I'm pretty sure they won't just jump up or down anything ridiculous like a mountainside or cliff, but it has been a while so...there's that to consider.  I may be misremembering.

2nd best would be Assassin's Creed 1- only the first one; the few moments I got up on one in 2, Brotherhood or Revelations and they felt 'dead'; made most of the right noises and were decently fast but nothing grabbed me like in the first one.  Can't speak for 3 or 4- 3, I only played like 8 hours and weirdly, I did not enjoy it at all.  So I never actually got to ride; and 4, well, I got it for Christmas but haven't been able to play it before now, and can't now due to the tv dying on me.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
« Reply #32 on: 2014-02-12, 22:16:55 »
The horse in Ocarina of Time was the best horse ever haha.  I can't remember, can't horses in Skyrim NOT walk backwards? The vombat on horses was a kick butt add on but was pretty dull admitting you had one type of swing and I wish other people could ride and fight on horses. That'd be cool. Horse back fighting! EVEN THE LITTLE GOBLINS COULD FIGHT ON BOAR BACKS!! Twilight Princess had a really fun horse back experience. Has anyone heard of the game Chivalry, Medieval Warfare
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 2014-02-13, 17:07:11 »
Next Update:

My Pinterest

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
« Reply #34 on: 2014-02-13, 17:18:03 »
So I've learned that I shouldn't get excited about a game before it's actually out, but I have to admit...I'm getting really excited about this one.
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Don Jorge

• Learning is living...
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • He who fears death is already dead...
« Reply #35 on: 2014-02-13, 17:35:37 »
So I've learned that I shouldn't get excited about a game before it's actually out, but I have to admit...I'm getting really excited about this one.

Ditto...I feel like a jaded old man now adays...every mmo and game is going to be a flop...I need to hear good things about it for at least 3 months before I buy it...

Sir Douglas

• Artificer of Stuff and Things
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • In principio creavit Deus caelum et terram.
« Reply #36 on: 2014-02-19, 06:47:51 »
An archived video of live-streamed gameplay from earlier today. Well, technically yesterday at the time of this posting. Even for one of their early builds, this looks pretty impressive. I look forward to seeing what kind of polish they put on it in the next couple of years.

With 38 hours left in the Kickstarter campaign, they're at £940,356. Earlier today, it was at 800-something. The funding's still coming in at a pretty good rate. I figured they get to £900,000 but they may very well hit that £1,000,000 mark after all. I don't think any of the devs expected this kind of reaction. Good for them, I say!
Per pale azure and argent, an eagle displayed per pale argent and sable, armed and langued or.

So a Norman, a Saxon, and a Viking walk into England....

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #37 on: 2014-02-19, 14:21:23 »

This is also great news:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13577-Kickstarter-Kingdom-Come-Deliverance

Star Citizen is another one that I joined into the Kickstarter campaign. The fact that Star Citizen and KC:D are both using the same engine and now will collaborate on their technologies is something that I think will benefit both games. Great!

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Don Jorge

• Learning is living...
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • He who fears death is already dead...
« Reply #38 on: 2014-02-19, 16:34:28 »
That is awesome. I paid for my Baron level so now time to wait anxiously for the Alpha!

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #39 on: 2014-02-19, 17:46:31 »
The horse in Ocarina of Time was the best horse ever haha.  I can't remember, can't horses in Skyrim NOT walk backwards? The vombat on horses was a kick butt add on but was pretty dull admitting you had one type of swing and I wish other people could ride and fight on horses. That'd be cool. Horse back fighting! EVEN THE LITTLE GOBLINS COULD FIGHT ON BOAR BACKS!! Twilight Princess had a really fun horse back experience. Has anyone heard of the game Chivalry, Medieval Warfare

You could actually fight on horseback in AC1; I used to charge the large squadrons roaming about in the Holy Land area- I could usually take out a couple before they hamstrung the horse.  As for moving backward, I couldn't tell you- it wasn't something I ever tried so far as I know in any of the games I've played.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #40 on: 2014-02-19, 19:49:41 »

You could actually fight on horseback in AC1; I used to charge the large squadrons roaming about in the Holy Land area- I could usually take out a couple before they hamstrung the horse.  As for moving backward, I couldn't tell you- it wasn't something I ever tried so far as I know in any of the games I've played.

AC2 and/or Brotherhood also had horseback fighting. Including some really cool combat. You could assassinate guards from horse to horse and steal their horse, and you could also leap from an overhead structure down onto a guard, assassinate them, throw them off and steal their horse without hitting the ground.

The terribly unchivalrous things I did in the AC games for enjoyment. :D
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #41 on: 2014-02-19, 20:00:16 »
Oh man, I forgot about that!  That was boss.  I'm playing AC IV now (sorry Sir James, I couldn't bring myself to continue in AC3...I just did not like the guy, which is odd) - no horses yet, just started my first real seagoing mission (stole a ship after freeing some slaves; now they're gonna sail with me) and had to quit because it was real late and I had to be out of the house extra early.  I can't wait to get back to it.

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #42 on: 2014-05-07, 23:04:46 »
New Update from Warhorse Studios:

My Pinterest

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #43 on: 2014-05-08, 13:35:51 »

Awesome, it looks like it's coming along nicely.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Aiden of Oreland

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
« Reply #44 on: 2014-05-08, 19:20:46 »
This game looks so awesome!
-"I raise not the sword, but the shield."-Aiden Max