"We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey (Quest?) that no one can take for us or spare us."
                -- Marcel Post (1871 - 1922)

Author Topic: Vikingdom, a movie  (Read 4812 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Vikingdom, a movie
« on: 2013-12-11, 20:30:11 »
Ok, I believe we talked briefly about this movie here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikingdom

Let me first say that you'll need more than suspension of belief in order to view this movie.  The name alone almost invites ridicule- its definitely B-movie schlock but with that said, it had its cool points.  I liked Conan Stevens as the renegade Thor (you may remember him as the 1st season's Gregor Clegane in Game of Thrones) and the story wasn't half bad, but the dialog and acting was atrocious in certain aspects but overall, its a decent popcorn movie.  Plenty of sword fighting, and faux-Viking shield wall tactics abound...I'm scrounging for good things to say here but truth be told, there isn't many.  My wife enjoyed it, but pure fantasy cloaked in mythology doesn't bother her (or me, really) - she liked it for the action.  I think Dominic Purcell could've brought less gravitas and more life to the role, but that's my opinion.

I'd wait for it to come out on the free OnDemand or the bargain dvd bin (which it is destined for, I'm reasonably sure), but when it does, its worth a watch.  I've seen worse medievalesque movies than this one.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Vikingdom, a movie
« Reply #1 on: 2013-12-12, 02:33:41 »
wth

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: 2013-12-12, 04:02:00 »
What if wolf made an adventure film involving his different. Uniforms/kits, and called it wolfopia. Low budget cool name, yet the legend himself sir wolf
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2013-12-12, 04:37:35 »
I've seen worse medievalesque movies than this one.

Yes, they called it Barbarian Queen".
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2013-12-12, 14:50:49 »
What if wolf made an adventure film involving his different. Uniforms/kits, and called it wolfopia. Low budget cool name, yet the legend himself sir wolf

They did, its coming out soon- The Knights of Badassdom.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€