Main > The Round Table

What In your Opinion Really ended the age of Knights

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Edward:
Nah, it can probably all be blamed on LEGO archers...   ;)

Sir Patrick:
I say the longbow and then guns. Both were cheaper to field than a fully-equipped knight. The archer required a lot of training, whereas the handgoner did not, so we see guns replace bows. So in short, economics made the knight obsolete in the military sense.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-12-11, 16:17:49 ---Nah, it can probably all be blamed on LEGO archers...   ;)

--- End quote ---

Now I want to make a Lego post

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-12-11, 16:17:49 ---Nah, it can probably all be blamed on LEGO archers...   ;)

--- End quote ---
Well, back when the bow was the success of England's victory in battles, the French were in some deep doo doo during the 100 years war in 1424, but the French Basically created full plate armor outside of the Little French town of Verneuil. Which allowed their cavalry to charge at the English. The As the English bowmen released a cloud of arrows, the Calvary of continued forward with hardly a scratch. The arrows was simply stopped by the arrows. The archers confused and scared, panicked and ran in every direction as the knights in shiny armor slain them.

Sir James A:
Missed this thread somehow

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2013-12-09, 21:43:57 ---I think it was Guns.
Not gunpowder, but Pistols, muskets. Any gun really.

--- End quote ---

Medieval period guns without gunpowder were essentially large, fancy clubs. :)

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2013-12-09, 21:51:55 ---Deadliest warrior Knight v.s. Pirate
This fight is So rigged.

--- End quote ---

Yes, all the Deadliest Warrior fights are rigged. The winner is determined by the computer simulation they do based on the (extremely flawed) weapons testing. It has nothing to do with an actual fight. The only thing to take from that show is the cool tests they do - any of the stats, battles, and half of the "experts" are useless as a source of information - entertainment, sure - information, not so much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version