Main > The Round Table

What In your Opinion Really ended the age of Knights

(1/4) > >>

Sir Nate:
I think it was Guns.
Not gunpowder, but Pistols, muskets. Any gun really.
The knight even with all his glorious armor would be shot down in a charge.
It's sad.
There are many contributors other than guns though that led to the end of knights.

Sir Nate:
Deadliest warrior Knight v.s. Pirate
This fight is So rigged. The Pirates Guns failed to kill the knight. But earlier in this episode they show the morning star tear open a dummy's entire face. The night hits the pirate 2 times with it. (doesn't die.) pirate is shot in stomach by crossbow.(doesn't die) Knight wins sword battle. Trips in sand. Gets up. fights more. Trips again. (meh didn't want to get up the second time) Pirate finds random pistol and wins.
If some can post full episode please do. I honestly believe it was rigged, because there are more pirate fans these days.

http://www.filmplakaten.de/posters/king-arthur-filmplakaten-hd-clive-owen-keira-knightley-ioan-gruffudd-small.jpg

Sir Nate:
Sorry wrong thing.

SirNathanQ:
I don't think it was mainly guns. I'd say the shift in military practice, tactics, and recruitment that stripped the knight of his tactical/military role, and made him practically obsolete. It was at this point that being a knight became solely a societal position, a denotation of rank, social etiquette and breeding. From there it was simply a long downward spiral until today, where knighthood it to be born with the right last name, or to make a few good movies or songs.

Sir Wolf:
heavy greed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version