"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society."
                -- Theodore Roosevelt

Author Topic: A&A Glaive  (Read 3846 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
A&A Glaive
« on: 2009-01-08, 20:11:01 »
I've been wanting a Glaive for ages... at least as far back as College, but probably since High school. But I never really bothered to seriously look into it, and didn't prod the guys over at A&A enough to get the ball rolling.

The wait will soon be over! I just commissioned one from A&A. It'll be like this one but without the cross-guard. I don't know what the delivery time will be like. But I figured I've waited so many years... if I don't place the order, it'll never happen. :)

« Last Edit: 2009-01-08, 20:11:18 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Griff

• New Forum Member
Re: A&A Glaive
« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-08, 21:15:25 »
It's beautiful Edward. I hope you'll use it well. How much did it take you back? And are these things blunt?

Congratulations by the way.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-08, 21:18:15 »

No, it won't be a training blunt. A little over $500, which is what I expected. Their Knightly Poleaxe is similar in price.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #3 on: 2009-01-08, 22:02:19 »
i know that one pictured. it was made for Gordon who used to be in Lord Greys (he's on myarmoury sometimes) its a nice piece. its a super nice glaive but the blade isn't as long as i thought it would be. but it is a nice period piece. good choice!! :) can't wait to kill someone er something with it

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2009-01-09, 04:11:11 »
Awesome, Ed! I've always loved that one. I believe I've handled Gordon's before (it was a few years ago, so I'm not totally sure). So, did this order come about because we were talking about how now's the time to go custom, while the economy's down and the wait lists will be shorter? :)
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #5 on: 2009-01-09, 04:21:12 »

lol, yes that did get me thinking about it again. I had emailed A&A asking about these several times over the last two years and never got a reply. Today they replied right away, and I decided to just go ahead and place the order.

Once again though, I've put off ordering that Henry V sword. I've been planning to buy it since back in the spring. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III