"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play, but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache."
                -- Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Author Topic: New Wisby Gauntlets are here  (Read 9140 times)

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
New Wisby Gauntlets are here
« on: 2013-05-26, 00:28:02 »
Got these beauties from 3 Turrets Armoury. Very nice & were worth the money. :) Takes a look.
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: New Wisby Gauntlets are here
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-26, 02:19:59 »
Mmmmn purdy !
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-27, 03:24:23 »
Congrats. Pic is really small, even after clicking. I'd like to ogle the details. ;)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Lord Dane

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-27, 04:44:24 »
Congrats. Pic is really small, even after clicking. I'd like to ogle the details. ;)

I can't post my pics because of those dang memory constraints. I still have trouble compressing the memory requirements so I can post stuff. :(

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-27, 10:22:21 »
Those are great looking gauntlets Lord Dane  ;D did you get them with the extra padding or more period style?  I'm really wanting to get his kit for those, and give a shot at making the finished set.  I really like Les too, he's been great to work with on my helmet commission.
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Lord Dane

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #5 on: 2013-05-27, 13:53:24 »
Those are great looking gauntlets Lord Dane  ;D did you get them with the extra padding or more period style?  I'm really wanting to get his kit for those, and give a shot at making the finished set.  I really like Les too, he's been great to work with on my helmet commission.

Period style bc I am not using them for SCA fighting. Time authentic is what I am going for with this new kit. I won't be fighting in it (least don't plan to).

Hrolfr

• New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: 2013-05-27, 16:14:10 »
Nice looking mitts!  And I have dealt with Les before.  One heck of a stand-up guy  :D

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
« Reply #7 on: 2013-05-27, 22:35:03 »
Sounds good Lord Dane

but ya know you're gonna at least do one match in the kit ;) admit it, it's going to happen.  Can't wait to see what else you're going to have going with these.  These combined with your new heraldry and colors I can't wait!
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #8 on: 2013-05-28, 16:14:39 »
I can't post my pics because of those dang memory constraints. I still have trouble compressing the memory requirements so I can post stuff. :(

Probably the easiest thing to do is post them on Flickr or Photobucket or something. Some of those sites will even provide the bbcode link to paste into your message. Otherwise almost any photo-editing program will allow you to resize your photos, and there are online services to do that as well.

The attachment limits on the forum are there to keep people from uploading enormous pictures that will both fill up the webserver and also throw off the forum alignment when it tries to display them.

The file-size limit allows for a reasonable JPG quality on images at 800x600 resolution, which is plenty for an inline image.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-28, 16:16:22 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 2013-05-28, 17:05:13 »

Probably the easiest thing to do is post them on Flickr or Photobucket or something. Some of those sites will even provide the bbcode link to paste into your message. Otherwise almost any photo-editing program will allow you to resize your photos, and there are online services to do that as well.

The attachment limits on the forum are there to keep people from uploading enormous pictures that will both fill up the webserver and also throw off the forum alignment when it tries to display them.

The file-size limit allows for a reasonable JPG quality on images at 800x600 resolution, which is plenty for an inline image.

This is my preferred method for every picture you see me post.  Host it on flickr (which now allows 1 terabyte of storage for free as of last week), and then you just enter
Code: [Select]
[img]http://yourphotourlhere.jpg[/img]that will allow you to display nice high res photos in a size of your choosing despite their file size.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
« Reply #10 on: 2013-05-28, 20:11:15 »
Wow,

Flikr offers a whole TB?!  Yeah, I love my pinterest for keeping things organized that I find elsewhere, but I'll probably be creating a flikr account too, once I have pics to save that is :D

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 2013-05-28, 20:17:24 »
Nice pick up, Dane.  I use photobucket for my images...same style as flickr, just another resource that is free to use.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 2013-05-28, 22:45:18 »
Nice!
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 2013-05-29, 20:56:05 »
Wow,

Flikr offers a whole TB?!  Yeah, I love my pinterest for keeping things organized that I find elsewhere, but I'll probably be creating a flikr account too, once I have pics to save that is :D

The 1TB just happened this week, or at least, I just got an email announcing it this week.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Lord Tristin

• Forum Member
  • Always strive to better yourself.
    • My facebook
« Reply #14 on: 2013-05-29, 21:18:19 »
Very Nice Lord Dane. Should keep those thumbs safe hmm?