"He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce."
                -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Author Topic: a friend has soem stuff for sale in ashburn va  (Read 3425 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: a friend has soem stuff for sale in ashburn va
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-25, 20:24:12 »
I prolly would of went for the box, though he said it was pick up only for the box. I am in need of a chest to store some armor and stuff. So hard to find some furniture to store all my armor in.

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-25, 21:04:04 »
Sir Ulrich, I recommend a big rubbermaid tote like these for armor storage:
http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?CatName=Storage&SubcatId=Roughneck&Prod_ID=RP091418&Redirect=5

Just get a dessicant pack to keep in there and store in dry place and you're good to go.

I tried using a chest, and to make a chest big enough to store all of your armor becomes REALLY heavy and not practical.  Or you have to do multiple chests, which is equally impractical.  Chests are great for events and demos like DoK, but for day to day storage, it's not good.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-27, 03:26:33 »
Seconded on the rubber tote for non-demo usage. I have one from Home Depot that was under $20, fits all my armor except the helmet (yep, the entire early 16th kit), and has (terribly small and barely useful) wheels. The *best* way to haul armor is a squire, but, for the rest of us, those plastic things work pretty well. :)

And that is a nice box he has for sale. Nice coat of plates, too. It's green ... paging Sir Brian! ;)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-27, 04:23:05 »
Yeah I use one of those tubs currently for my maille cept it's smaller, I was looking for more of a medieval way of doing it so I can decorate my room to look more medieval. Thats the reason I want a chest to store my stuff.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2013-05-28, 16:02:37 »
Well...you could buy one, but the ones I found worth buying were pretty expensive.  Now, you can find some handmade ones on ebaY that won't set you back so far, but they're not made in any medieval manner, they're wooden boxes with hinges and such but you can stain'm if you are so inclined and they'll have the look w/out the expense.  You can do a search for 'wooden storage box' on ebaY to see what I mean.

I have an antique chest I use for now, but am thinking of taking everything out because its so old and I don't want to damage it.  Some of the wood is starting to split along the grain.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€