"He that respects himself is safe from others; he wears a coat of mail that none can pierce."
                -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Author Topic: My role in the Order  (Read 4469 times)

Lord Tristin

• Forum Member
  • Always strive to better yourself.
    • My facebook
My role in the Order
« on: 2013-04-11, 19:24:36 »
I can certainly fight, but I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish. I am an entertainer and a speaker, my Ancestors were the same, on top of being warriors.  I would like to hear what you fellows think of me as a storyteller, singer, and speechmaker. it suits my fancy a great deal to entertain and inspire. that is what  Iam more looking for at faires and events. of course  Iwould still spar a fellow in good humour.

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
Re: My role in the Order
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-11, 20:08:31 »
I can certainly fight, but I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish. I am an entertainer and a speaker, my Ancestors were the same, on top of being warriors.  I would like to hear what you fellows think of me as a storyteller, singer, and speechmaker. it suits my fancy a great deal to entertain and inspire. that is what  Iam more looking for at faires and events. of course  Iwould still spar a fellow in good humour.

Ahhhh. A contester. :) I fancy myself as one with the "gift of good humor" & "strong with sound words", Lord Tristin. If you wish to join those of us who pride ourselves with good sense and gifted tongue, then please do so.... The forum is lacking if it does not offer a little of all types of men, and strong words are always heard here. Wisdom comes from sharing and learning, and those who shut themselves off from knowledge will find themselves drowning in stupidity. Remember this ...

Be open with your thoughts,
Be witty with your humor,
Be kind with your words,
Be sensible in your acts.

You will always be the better for it!! :) Of course, should you wish to spar... I welcome a good bout with wit, mead, or steel. ;)
« Last Edit: 2013-04-11, 20:26:26 by Lord Dane »
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-11, 21:16:19 »

In order for us to ascertain that, we'd need to hear a story, a song and a speech- and lots of them, too.

But what Order do you refer to?  Have you been inducted into a Knightly Order already?
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Lord Tristin

• Forum Member
  • Always strive to better yourself.
    • My facebook
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-11, 21:25:49 »
So a story.  I will start one in a separate thread.

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-12, 17:44:26 »
Be kind with your words,

Well spoken Lord Dane. 
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-17, 17:09:49 »

Ahhhh. A contester. :) I fancy myself as one with the "gift of good humor" & "strong with sound words", Lord Tristin. If you wish to join those of us who pride ourselves with good sense and gifted tongue, then please do so.... The forum is lacking if it does not offer a little of all types of men, and strong words are always heard here. Wisdom comes from sharing and learning, and those who shut themselves off from knowledge will find themselves drowning in stupidity. Remember this ...

Be kind with your words,

You will always be the better for it!! :) Of course, should you wish to spar... I welcome a good bout with wit, mead, or steel. ;)

very well said Lord Dane.  I was wondering if I may be allowed to use your poem, as it is rather poetic and very artful, as my signature, both here and elsewhere in the knowne world.  I have never seen it put so eloquently.

YIS
B. Patricius
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #6 on: 2013-04-17, 19:07:14 »

Be kind with your words,

very well said Lord Dane.  I was wondering if I may be allowed to use your poem, as it is rather poetic and very artful, as my signature, both here and elsewhere in the knowne world.  I have never seen it put so eloquently.

YIS
B. Patricius

Feel free but it is just my words not a poem or artistic expression. I like my poems to rhyme.
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #7 on: 2013-04-17, 21:11:27 »

Be kind with your words,

YIS
B. Patricius

Feel free but it is just my words not a poem or artistic expression. I like my poems to rhyme.

many thanks Lord Dane.  I appreciate it.
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j