"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense".
                -- Winston Churchill

Author Topic: Satan as god's Judge, not his adversary.  (Read 30211 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Satan as god's Judge, not his adversary.
« Reply #45 on: 2013-04-17, 23:51:01 »
irish italian... you fight with yourself over what to drink next? lol jkjk i jest... it's what i do

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #46 on: 2013-04-18, 00:06:50 »

I'm a cradle Catholic too, with an Irish-Italian family (but I take after my mother's German family)

Irish-Italian?  You must have a good temper on ya with a bloodline like that laddie!   ;) :)

Yes, and the German efficiency and love of warfare to make it dangerous!  ;)

Lord Tristan, no religious argument was perceived or intended.

Haha, and Mr Patricius, I don't think I'm senior to anyone here, only being 18. But as one who would fancy himself a devout follower of the Catholic faith, I suppose I will hold on to my job as Catholic Apologist of the forums... :)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
    • my pinterest - full of research
« Reply #47 on: 2013-04-18, 00:15:03 »
Sir Nathan,
first from what I can tell, you are well above your years from posts I've seen thus far on the forums.  I wouldn't have guessed you were a teenager of the current generation.  (that part I'm being serious)

Beyond that boyo, you must be pretty fluent in "hand-speak" too right?  ;D -as I wave my hands about trying to emphasize my post as it just isn't good enough without hands going everywhere- (that part is jk)
« Last Edit: 2013-04-18, 00:16:26 by B. Patricius »
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~Officium-Honestas-Sacrificium~
my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/murphy.patrick.j

Corvus

• A wanderer on the road less traveled
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #48 on: 2013-04-18, 02:33:48 »
Sir Nathan, I must say that I had a similar experience to that which Brother Patricius describes - in that I would never have guessed you to be so young (compared to old geezers like me anyway  ;)) as you are. Your words tell of a wisdom much greater than your years.
“Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel.”    - Beowulf

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #49 on: 2013-04-18, 21:41:18 »
Thank you good Gentlemen, I merely strive to be the best knight I can be, in all things.  I must confess myself that I feel little solidarity within my generation, instead feeling camaraderie among the men of old, and those who follow their ways, as do my friends here on this forum.  :)

And Patricius, you know what they say, an Italian with a broken arm is an Italian with a speech impediment.  ;)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #50 on: 2013-04-18, 22:26:11 »
lol so does that mean if he has teh shakes form a fever... does he stutter?

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #51 on: 2013-04-18, 22:46:01 »
No, the shakes are undetectable amidst the natural Italian movements. Putting an Italian in an armbar gives one a stutter.  ;) 

Corvus

• A wanderer on the road less traveled
  • Forum Follower
« Reply #52 on: 2013-04-18, 23:33:35 »
I grew up in an Italian neighborhood, so I hear that  ;)
“Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel.”    - Beowulf

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
« Reply #53 on: 2013-04-18, 23:44:06 »
One time, with my whole family (after a wedding) of over 100 of us in Chicago, we decided that for a minimum of ten minutes, ten minutes, we would try and talk in quieter tones and not use our hands.  My cousin, Nancy, probably the most "wish I was born in Ireland" of us, couldn't last! She was using her hands within two minutes!  Beyond that, we all started laughing and that took out the volume control!  Of course, it being after the wedding celebration, and it being a celebration of one our birthdays, needless to say we were all quite jubilant!  ;D

but indeed, it must be construed as a speech impediment to not use your hands.  After spending so much time with my family that summer (the whole summer in Chicago, it was awesome) and then going back to high school, I was picked on quite a bit by my friends.  It actually took one of my teachers, Brother Acquinas (of the Holy Order of St. Patrick, and born in N. Ireland) to come to my defense!  It was the first and only time anyone else realized that great man had a sense of humor!
"Be open with your thoughts, Be witty with your humor, Be kind with your words, Be sensible in your acts." - Lord Dane
Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 2013-04-19, 03:15:03 »
No, the shakes are undetectable amidst the natural Italian movements. Putting an Italian in an armbar gives one a stutter.  ;) 

One of my favorite raps. :)

Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #55 on: 2013-04-19, 03:25:34 »
I thought that was if you put an Italian in a headlock he stutters.  ???
Maybe it was he has breathing difficulty instead.  ;D
« Last Edit: 2013-04-19, 22:16:58 by Lord Dane »
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #56 on: 2013-04-19, 21:13:53 »
Headlocks don't work on Italians. Too greasy.  :)

B. Patricius

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • just a brother knight
« Reply #57 on: 2013-04-20, 00:02:21 »
Headlocks don't work on Italians. Too greasy.  :)

:o ROFLMAO  ;D touche ;)

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #58 on: 2013-04-20, 03:27:06 »
They do if you threaten to mess with the Italian hair-do. 
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #59 on: 2013-04-21, 05:12:53 »
Nope. Slips right out. Besides, many are slicked back already.