"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
                -- Eddie Rickenbacker

Author Topic: My Black Prince Shrine  (Read 4092 times)

Todd Eriksen

• New Forum Member
My Black Prince Shrine
« on: 2013-02-11, 02:50:18 »
Here's my Black Prince shrine.  I have been relegated to the corner of the garage with my medieval stuff, so don't mind the surroundings.

My Black Prince harness was made by Rob Valentine in Canada.  I had a seamstress in my old town sew the jupon out of velvet.  To the left is my display case, which I make and sell by the way.  In it is my Arms and Armor Black Prince sword (ha, ha, Ian, you're not so special ;)), two lead knights (the one was a St. Petersburgs painted), the front and back of the seal that the Black Prince was given as the God of Aquitaine, along with a pic of his dad (Ed III) and him and other little knick knacks.  To the right is a painting of BP jousting, which, too is awesome.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: My Black Prince Shrine
« Reply #1 on: 2013-02-11, 03:42:32 »
Excellent! Take care of that Valentine harness, he closed down last year and moved to Las Vegas.

Black Prince is one of my favorites!
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #2 on: 2013-02-11, 05:00:46 »
Sweet set up!  :)

And see people, this is what a medieval "shrine" is!

I don't see any silly "Shine of the Black Pants" midreads on this one....   :o
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #3 on: 2013-02-11, 13:11:32 »
Want! Want! Want! Want!

That is a favorite harness of mine and I plan to design a similar or accurate harness replica with Jeff Wasson.  But do take care of it.

By the way, welcome to tje 14thlast Century crew! ;)
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #4 on: 2013-02-11, 13:17:23 »
I found 3 complete custom 14th century armor suits made by Valentine Armoury being sold on ebay by a private collector. Ranged from 2500-3500 in pricing.
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #5 on: 2013-02-11, 15:15:40 »

Very nice! Even though all we're seeing is a little corner, I think it looks great having a kit and a shadow box together with a matching theme. Fantastic.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2013-02-11, 15:52:16 »
Nice!  Is there a bascinet under the great helm?  If so you should mount the Great Helm up above the harness on a shelf, so you can see both! :)  Nice choice in swords!!
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 2013-02-12, 15:09:12 »
Considering it is in your garage, I think it nicely done.  Love the shadow box...I'd want one for my heirloom sword except I can't seem to keep my hands off of it long enough to put it up somewhere.  That'll pass in time...yea, probably not.  lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #8 on: 2013-05-31, 13:11:14 »
Yep, the heirloom looks fantastic.  Let me ask you, is there a COP or Brigandine underneath the Jupon?

That is what I am likely to do with my Black Prince harness (complete with an Arms and Armor Balck Prince Great Helm replica, Jupon via Fuhlen Designs and two sets of polished arm and leg harnesses, gauntlets and blackened arm and leg harnesses plus gauntlets. Which should do the trick.)  ;)
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.