"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor."
                -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Author Topic: Gun ranges?  (Read 3027 times)

Silvanus

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Domini Canis - The Hound of the Lord
Gun ranges?
« on: 2013-01-14, 00:14:40 »
Hail, brothers. Sorry about the absence. I was in the great Republic of Texas for a while visiting my brother....

As he is a Texan as well, he re-ignited my need for mechanized weapons training. I have a Ruger P89 9mm. Have not practiced since I first was with him in Tx. Do any of you have handguns and go to any ranges in the NoVA area? Any recommendations?

'Nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram; non veni pacem mittere sed gladium.' - Apocalypsis 22:21

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Gun ranges?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-01-14, 17:32:43 »

Yep, we have several options in NoVA. Blue Ridge Arsenal is down at the intersection of 50 & 28. There's also a newer facility, The Silver Eagle Group, which is located in Ashburn. It's larger and nicer than Blue Ridge, but both are probably equally busy.

There's also the NRA range at their facility just off of the 267 (Dulles Toll Road).

I believe there's another one somewhere in the Springfield or Dale City area as well, but I forget exactly where.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Silvanus

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Domini Canis - The Hound of the Lord
« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-15, 16:29:35 »
Thanks, Sir Edward. Blue Ridge Arsenal sounds like a good day trip. NRA in Fairfax Co. sounds good during the week.
'Nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram; non veni pacem mittere sed gladium.' - Apocalypsis 22:21

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2013-01-15, 20:21:57 »
Love the play on words there, Sylvanus - Dominican friars were called that; and with good reason.

In any case, the ranges that Sir Edward listed are of the higher calibre, please excuse the pun- the ones here in MD seem to leave something or other to be desired.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€