"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense".
                -- Winston Churchill

Author Topic: Its A Bit Wet In The West  (Read 2972 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Its A Bit Wet In The West
« on: 2012-12-03, 00:48:41 »
So... there's flooding in the Truckee Meadows and Sacramento Valley (other side of the Sierra Nevada Range).

The pic with the bridge is looking east along the Truckee River from near 50 ft east of 1st & Arlington in Reno. The top right is Wingfield Park, the bottom left is part of the Riverwalk. For those who've been here this is the bridge near Java Jungle & Java Vino.

The pic with the sign is near/at the corner of 1st & Arlington Ave looking south along Arlington.

I am located some 5 miles from these shots up higher in the valley's wall. The closes portion of the river is some 2 odd miles south of me.

Did I mention were a desert?

(photo courtesy of Jeremy Hinton)
« Last Edit: 2012-12-03, 00:52:19 by Hersir Thorsteinn »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Its A Bit Wet In The West
« Reply #1 on: 2012-12-03, 03:26:18 »
When they say "Rink on the River" on the sign, they *really* mean on the river!

Stay safe!
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Its A Bit Wet In The West
« Reply #2 on: 2012-12-03, 05:43:39 »
Edit: Our local paper posted these from 2005 by accident, and not today. There were very high waters but nothing like these pics the rain in the mountains turned to snow when the cold front arrived early and the big flood was stopped as the precipitation is sticking up there.
Fall down seven, get up eight.