"Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor."
                -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Author Topic: My new Coustille  (Read 2780 times)

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
My new Coustille
« on: 2012-11-16, 10:50:54 »

Got it in the mail earlier, I like it. I did expect it to be a bit smaller, I was expecting a dagger but this things almost the size of a shortsword. I used scotch brite pad to remove the "made in india" stuff on the blade. It's not even sharp and it goes through boxes so easily with the thrust, can only imagine how it will be when it is sharpened. I do however plan to get it regripped, the scabbard just needs a belt loop so I may send it to crusader monk to do that for me. Overall I am satisfied.

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: My new Coustille
« Reply #1 on: 2012-11-16, 15:34:40 »

Nice! How long is the blade in inches?

BTW, if you're worried about scratching the surface when taking off those stickers, you can also use acetone or rubbing alcohol to dissolve the sticky stuff and it'll come right off.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2012-11-16, 17:33:55 »
I've got one of these, handy little bugger, isn't it?  Good idea of getting Jon to hook it up; he can probably do it as a rider on a current rig- just get him to stitch a frog around it that can loop to an existing belt.  Or better yet- have him make a separate belt or baldric for it.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #3 on: 2012-11-19, 03:33:54 »
It's about 22 and 1/2 inches. I like how it feels generally, but I need something so I can attach it to the belt, and not a frog. Maybe I will just punch some holes in the leather and tie it to the belt like I did my eating knife.