"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty."
                -- Lau Tzu

Author Topic: Thank you Brothers-  (Read 3623 times)

Sir Robert

• Sir Robert
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • A leasanna a chosaint agus
Thank you Brothers-
« on: 2012-09-25, 15:23:02 »
Well is been a long while since I have posted, so first I extend my thanks to my sponsors and brothers who honored me as a knight of our order this past Sunday, thank you all.

I must beg forgiveness as I travel fairly extensively, in the next few months I will find myself back in the West to California and visit the Northern California Fair, then onto Texas, I am still looking for a bit after that (Florida?), then there will be Arizona, TX (Sterling Forest), Scarborough (TX), Southern California, VA, NJ, Colorado, NY (Sterling/Tuxedo), PA, and Maryland…I am hoping it to be a great season to find more brothers and continue to help build our community.
I continue to find worthy brothers all over the land, some from very different times where armor was being eliminated. I share this, after meeting these brothers I often run into them again at another Faire or perhaps year(s) later, yet we pick up right where we left off and enjoy the comradery  that we have built. In all this land I will tell you that our brothers are there, holding our ideals fast, waiting to find us, and it lightens my heart to know that there is still light in this world. In today’s world our ideals may seem quaint, limited, or idealistic, we are not about religion, politics or the flavor of the day, no, we stand for the idea that we live to serve others, a greater good that goes beyond those things. We have brothers everywhere that believe this, perhaps they don’t know it yet,
I would like to thank Sir Brian for the garter, I am wondering (as its so well done) if we can’t have banners and other items made with it on (I would like a sigle that well defines our order and I think this may be it.)
Thank you all again brothers, and I hope to be able to post more, my projects have been limited this year to only a few pieces as I also am a member of a few other organizations and my Squire is starting fencing this year, look for some new projects this year as I am going to build plate mail for my squire that focuses on flexibility and light weight, should be interesting.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Thank you Brothers-
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-25, 15:56:08 »
Welcome to the Order, Sir Robert- as one of your sponsors, I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labors as our unofficial herald.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-25, 16:28:45 »
so sorry to have missed. glad to have in you in the order

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-25, 21:56:17 »
Apologies I could not make the ceremony, and welcome to the Order.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-26, 06:05:20 »
Welcome Sir Robert. Sorry I could not attend your knighting.
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #5 on: 2012-10-17, 21:31:59 »
Welcome Sir Robert.
G.
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)