"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
                -- Edmund Burke

Author Topic: Is the character of Capt Dylan Hunt knightly?  (Read 3721 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Is the character of Capt Dylan Hunt knightly?
« on: 2012-09-09, 06:02:21 »
Is the character of Capt Dylan Hunt knightly?
The math of war & fate. As advised by a monster whom is the kindest one there.

Thoughts?

Note: I ordered the complete version of this series  and received it the day before becoming very sick. It kept me company those weeks and thus has a special place in my heart.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-09, 06:06:15 by Hersir Thorsteinn »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Is the character of Capt Dylan Hunt knightly?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-10, 15:29:30 »
What show is that?  I've never seen it before, but I recognize one of the actors from a soap opera I used to watch some 20 years ago.  The black guy with the dreads used to be in AMC I think.  The computer-looking chic reminds me of Cortana from HALO.

Anyway, your question can't be answered, not without knowing the character of Cpt Dylan Hunt, which you cannot truly ascertain from a 3 minute exposure to the man.  He seems to be compassionate, and questions the validity of orders or rather, his part in them that would require 100,000 deaths in order to preserve the timeline he lives in- it suggests his humanity, nothing more.

Would it be more knightly to allow those 100,000 to live to the detriment of all that you know?  Or to kill them, in order to preserve what is known?  It all depends on the situation, and I don't know enough about it.  Are we talking changes, or total annihilation if these 100,000 are allowed to live?  What sort of changes might occur if they are allowed to live?

To know the situation, and his ultimate choices would enable us to posit a theory as to whether or not Cpt Hunt is indeed knightly.  Or not.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Is the character of Capt Dylan Hunt knightly?
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-10, 19:52:24 »
It got a lot better in season 2.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213327/

« Last Edit: 2012-09-10, 19:53:14 by Hersir Thorsteinn »
Fall down seven, get up eight.