"Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences."
                -- Koto Midori

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 18566 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #30 on: 2012-08-25, 12:21:31 »
Brother in law and friends are on Sorrow's Furnace. How about we set up there?

Trying to get in to make my toons... login server is down.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-25, 12:37:50 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #31 on: 2012-08-26, 03:40:15 »
Brother in law and friends are on Sorrow's Furnace. How about we set up there?

Trying to get in to make my toons... login server is down.

OK, created my character on Sorrow's Furnace.  Character name is Arbract.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #32 on: 2012-08-26, 04:25:30 »
I added you as a contact. Character is Thorgrimm Oakheart, Norn guardian.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #33 on: 2012-08-26, 12:40:14 »
I added you as a contact. Character is Thorgrimm Oakheart, Norn guardian.

OK, I've added you. Did you set up on Sorrow's Furnace? (I don't know if they have cross-server contacts or whatever).

I won't get a chance to play a whole lot til Monday night, but I hit level 4 last night. I see you're already ahead of me. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #34 on: 2012-08-26, 14:49:36 »
Yeah, Sorrow's Furnace.
My Pinterest

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #35 on: 2012-08-27, 03:26:22 »

Got a chance to play some today (left faire early due to rain). Level 10 now.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #36 on: 2012-08-27, 16:31:40 »
If you dont see me in game or on the internet at all come tomorrow evening for a few days it will mean that Hurricane Isaac has rudely disconnected the power to my county   :-\
My Pinterest

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #37 on: 2012-08-30, 13:25:43 »

I see you made it into the guild. I couldn't tell if I was inviting you correctly, since there was no feedback from the interface. My brother-in-law is the guild founder, and most of the other folks in there are his co-workers, or people we both know from the renfaire (though I have no idea who is who based on their in-game names).

Wow, up into the 30's already?  Nice. :) I think I just hit level 24 last night.

I'm liking the dynamic content system so far. It's a lot nicer than WoW's "collect 15 of X, from these monsters that only drop it 20% of the time, and then kill their leader, where you'll have to stand in line and wait for the respawn"

The environments are beautifully done, and the music is pretty good.

And it was a pretty smooth launch for an MMO. Supposedly they hit over 400k concurrent players on Tuesday.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #38 on: 2012-08-30, 13:34:08 »

I see you made it into the guild. I couldn't tell if I was inviting you correctly, since there was no feedback from the interface. My brother-in-law is the guild founder, and most of the other folks in there are his co-workers, or people we both know from the renfaire (though I have no idea who is who based on their in-game names).

Wow, up into the 30's already?  Nice. :) I think I just hit level 24 last night.

I'm liking the dynamic content system so far. It's a lot nicer than WoW's "collect 15 of X, from these monsters that only drop it 20% of the time, and then kill their leader, where you'll have to stand in line and wait for the respawn"

The environments are beautifully done, and the music is pretty good.

And it was a pretty smooth launch for an MMO. Supposedly they hit over 400k concurrent players on Tuesday.

Yes, the dynamic content is great.  Feels way less grindy than other MMOs.  I haven't had to do anything other than events/quests to continue smoothly leveling.  I bounce back and forth between two zones for me level range and it works out great.  I like how even if you 'over-level' content it bumps you back down so not only is it still challenging, but it's still rewarding with XP etc. 

The only reason I'm in the 30's is because Hurricane Isaac has given me some unexpected days off from work.  Not much flying to do in a hurricane :)

Launch has been nice and smooth for me so far.  Only hiccup was the login servers on the launch day, but that was fixed within about an hour or so.  I see people complaining about the AH being down, but I could really care less at this point.  I don't need to AH gear at level 30.... Totally enjoying the experience right now! 

Have you dabbled with any World v World v World yet?
My Pinterest

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #39 on: 2012-08-30, 14:20:36 »

Yeah, the login servers were having issues for several hours in the early morning hours on Saturday, but I haven't seen much beyond that.

I do sort-of wish the AH was up and running, but it's not a big deal. I usually can get a decent amount of money buy gathering and then selling the materials. Often that works better for me than grinding out a crafting skill (I usually end up regretting the grind later, due to the costs and the money I could have had from just selling the materials).

Speaking of crafting... I assume you already have all 8-slot storage bags/boxes or better by now. But if not, I made some 8-slot boxes and have extras.

I haven't tried any of the PVP yet, I usually save that for closer to end-game as I use up the PVE content. But I may give it a shot sooner or later, since I think it level-balances you there too.

I started running into issues last night with dying a lot, but I've been sticking to one zone, and ended up doing content 3 or 4 levels above me. I finally finished the zone and hit level 24, and the next zone over is another 15-25 zone, so it looks like I'll be having smooth sailing for a while again (I should have bounced back and forth, but wasn't thinking that way). As long as the content is level appropriate, I tend not to die much. The warrior is pretty survivable, and versatile (though it looks like all of the classes are versatile in this game).

I'm actually glad I chose the Warrior. I can spec myself for DPS, and wear the heavier armors, and the longbow is full of fire and explosive arrows.  :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #40 on: 2012-08-31, 20:08:35 »
:( i wanna play...waaaaaaaaaaaaa hehehhe

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #41 on: 2012-08-31, 20:13:49 »
:( i wanna play...waaaaaaaaaaaaa hehehhe

buy iiiitttttt.... you know you want to. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #42 on: 2012-09-04, 15:41:35 »

Well, I found my first "jumping puzzle" exploration achievement. I'm actually impressed that they put some serious attention to detail into things that are completely optional, and not everyone will both to look for.

When you're in Lion's Arch, there's a vista viewpoint on the map at the south edge. It's reasonably well hidden, but getting back out is a lot more of a puzzle than getting to it. There's even an old pirate's ghost that attempts to lead you through the maze, and at the end there's a vendor selling rare level-40 weapons for karma points (they were all about 9800 karma, which I've never even come close to).

That was a pretty neat labyrinth to explore.
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #43 on: 2012-09-04, 21:49:58 »
Yeah, I find exploration fun in this game and not just tedious like I did in WoW.  The zones are designed very well and really allow freedom of exploration.  Sometimes you'll even find places that you were not intended to get to, but it's still fun :)
My Pinterest

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #44 on: 2012-09-18, 14:04:48 »

Is it just me, or does all the content get sharply more difficult past 50? I'm having to watch my health a lot more closely now. Granted, I'm traiting myself up as a glass-cannon sort of build... as much as a warrior can be a glass-cannon, anyway. I'm favoring DPS over survivability.

The environments are beautiful. I've been doing the snowy mountainous regions, and they're downright pretty.

Sir Ed T. Toton III