"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time."
                -- Joe Girard

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 18216 times)

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #45 on: 2012-09-18, 22:31:07 »
I play on dragonbrand, have had this game about 5 days? Its great! I highly recommend it!!

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #46 on: 2012-09-18, 22:32:09 »
if you have any questions about the game hit me up lol

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #47 on: 2012-09-19, 19:47:29 »

Just got my first set of cultural armor together. Looking pretty sharp:

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #48 on: 2012-09-20, 01:46:57 »
Damn your already that far? Ive had the game for a week and my highest lvl is in early 30s

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #49 on: 2012-09-20, 22:19:55 »

Have you guys had a chance to check out the PVP yet? I took a quick look last night at the WvWvW, and I'm a little disappointed that you still have to pay repair costs while there. I understand why they left that in, since otherwise there wouldn't be much of a death penalty, and thus nothing to stop people from "zerging". But... ugh. :)

I know, I know... "don't die"... :)

I haven't tried the Structured PVP yet, but since that enforces fairness by using alternate gear, I'm guessing there's no repairs there. Smaller skirmishes in a controlled setting might be more fun in the long-run anyway.

My GW2 time will be more limited in the coming weeks now, since it'll be crunch-time to get some things ready for DoK.

Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #50 on: 2012-09-21, 04:31:01 »
Limited time in WvWvW pvp but from what I've seen it seems pretty fun. I love that you can build seige weapons and stuff. I just dinged 73 so I want to get to 80 before I really dive in to pvp. Your stats get boosted to 80 when your lower, but your gear doesn't.  I also didn't dig the repair costs in pvp.... dying is part of the game, and generally in pvp it has much greater frequency than in pve.  All I've done in structured pvp is the training quests in the lobby, so no real experience.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum