Main > The Round Table

Which one do you think you are?

<< < (5/7) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Fiore, I guessed as much, by the way your posts read. Very eloquent.
I'm guessing then you pursue some type of martial art or combat schools?

Cavaliere di Fiore:
Indeed I do Sir Nathan. For about 4 years now I have studied German and Italian historical fencing, but I have been playing with swords from childhood much like most men of our mindset. I also try every martial art I can, because I believe that every art has something that I can use to make my personal one better. For instance, I am studying with the SCA right now, as well as taking Goju Ryu Karate from a friend and Jiu Jitsu from a group near where I live, though I must admit I have been lacking in my participation in the Jiu Jitsu. I like the art, but it isn't something that touches me deeply, if you understand. I plan on attending at least one practice with the Battle of Nations folks as well.

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote --- I like the art, but it isn't something that touches me deeply, if you understand.
--- End quote ---

That costs extra the girls at Moonlight Ranch tell me. <ba-dump-bump-zing!> ;)

In a more serious light y'all should expect to hear a story of trial and tribulations regarding me & my journey as a Cynaguan Guardsman soon. The mishigas should be done by the end of the weekend.

Sir Edward:
I'm not sure where you're located, but there are also a lot of WMA/HEMA schools and groups popping up all over the place. Things have improved greatly even just in the last 2-3 years, in terms of available groups to work with, and the interpretations, and number of books published on the subject. It's an exciting time to be a historical martial artist.

Sir William:
Artist, I thought as much.  I think it a fine thing to have something you feel so passionate about- it does make life that much more enriching, no?

The notion that taking life can be romantic I squarely blame those troubadours whose job it was to put a romantic spin on warfare.  You see or hear it all the time...take our national anthem:...the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air... - the entire song is quite rousing, designed to inflame our notion of patriotism - but it does not mention the blasted, broken bodies left behind by those rockets and bombs, or the shattered families and psyches of the soldiers themselves once the war is over.

Nor should it...if it did, no one would want to join the Army.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version