"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."
                -- Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180)

Author Topic: My Armory  (Read 18532 times)

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Sir John of Felsenbau (Ritter Johann von Felsenbau)
  • Forum Follower
My Armory
« on: 2012-05-20, 14:00:05 »
These are a few of the items I have acquired. One fukk set of armor, a half set, two cool swords, the real excaliber...(It originally belonged to Julius Ceaser, when it was taken to England and put in the stone, moss grew around the original latin  saying and was mis-translated as Excaliber.my battle hemlet...the rest on my next btext.

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Motto:  "Perseverantis Vincit Omnia"
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"
      "Crescit Senex est Manditory, Excrescendi est Voluntarium"

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Forum Follower
Re: My Armory
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-20, 14:02:15 »
Here's the rest...I have two of the 3rd sword...one I keep this color for ElCid and the other I customized for my own personal sword.

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-20, 16:28:18 »
That's neat, thank you for posting the pictures. I didn't know you have japanese weapons, too.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Honorare scutum meum, veritas mea gladio
« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-20, 17:12:09 »
Very nice Sir John, quite an interesting harness and weaponry.   :D
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Honor My Sword, Truth My Shield.

Sir John of Felsenbau

• Forum Follower
« Reply #4 on: 2012-05-20, 17:55:40 »
I don't know of any of the swords are oriental...I just thought they were interesting and I got them real cheap...one at the PA Ren Faire last year.

Sir John
-The Purple Knight-
Mea Philosophia:
      "Excessus in Moderstia"

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 2012-05-21, 00:33:07 »
The emerald green snake / dragon one definitely looks oriental. The fittings, slight blade curvature, looks very oriental. It's definitely a fantasy piece, the gold and green is a great color combo - and someone we all know is partial to that color scheme. :)

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #6 on: 2012-05-22, 14:46:03 »
The emerald green snake / dragon one definitely looks oriental. The fittings, slight blade curvature, looks very oriental. It's definitely a fantasy piece, the gold and green is a great color combo - and someone we all know is partial to that color scheme.

Correct and I noticed you have a Tizona sword  ;D which is excellent, I have my own version of that famous sword of the Cid.  ;)
Knight of The Lion Blade

Honora gladium meum, veritas mea, et SpirĂ­tui Sancto.  כדי לכבד המגן שלי, האמת שלי חרבי

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 2012-05-22, 14:58:26 »
Sir James, I can tell you- 'Oriental' is not a PC term.  ;)  The correct terminology is 'Asian'- and I was told this by a young Asian woman. lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #8 on: 2012-05-22, 15:22:12 »
Sir James, I can tell you- 'Oriental' is not a PC term.  ;)  The correct terminology is 'Asian'- and I was told this by a young Asian woman. lol

Reminds me of one of the rants from Harlan Ellison. He got an angry letter from one of his readers complaining about his use of the word "midget", and preferring to be called "little people". Harlan's response was something along the lines of "I'm 5'3; I'm a little person. You're a midget!"  :)  A bit uncouth, but I can understand the rebellion against the whole "politically correct" thing.

« Last Edit: 2012-05-22, 15:22:58 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 2012-05-22, 15:57:58 »
Sir John, that first Excalibur you have- is it from the movie Last Legion?  I thought that was a good movie, my brother introduced me to it...as far as legends of Arthur go, it wasn't a bad take on what could've been.  A bit of a stretch, but still a good yarn.
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 2012-05-22, 17:04:26 »

Oops, sorry, I never know which to go for.

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #11 on: 2012-05-23, 15:59:42 »
Sir John, that first Excalibur you have- is it from the movie Last Legion?  I thought that was a good movie, my brother introduced me to it...as far as legends of Arthur go, it wasn't a bad take on what could've been.  A bit of a stretch, but still a good yarn.

I agree with Sir William in regards to the film, although it has stirred quite a controversy with historians.  But it is a good film none the less.
Knight of The Lion Blade

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 2012-05-24, 17:09:49 »

I agree with Sir William in regards to the film, although it has stirred quite a controversy with historians.  But it is a good film none the less.

Historians?  How about they prove that Arthur actually existed before they go about how he came about and such.  I've enjoyed most of the Arthurian-themed movies I've seen thus far...from the wildly fantastical Excalibur, the 2004s King Arthur, even Last Legion.  Hell, I liked Mists of Avalon!

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #13 on: 2012-05-25, 00:53:36 »
I love The Last Legion. Not my era of interest, per se, but it was a really good movie and did a pretty realistic depiction of combat, I thought. Plus it showed how bad ass Roman Legions were. Last I saw on the Arthur myth, historians seemed to be generally leaning toward that being a title and not an individual. Is this the debate to which you refer?

Joshua Santana

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #14 on: 2012-05-25, 02:18:50 »
Historians?  How about they prove that Arthur actually existed before they go about how he came about and such.  I've enjoyed most of the Arthurian-themed movies I've seen thus far...from the wildly fantastical Excalibur, the 2004s King Arthur, even Last Legion.  Hell, I liked Mists of Avalon!

In fair Honesty, I enjoy a good Arthurian film, my personal favorite is the Clive Owen version.  Historians have debated over time who the real King Arthur was, they suggested it could be Lucius Arturius Castus, or Riothamus (a famous Celtic Leader whose life story resembles the legends perfectly) and the Welsh "Arthur" (can't remember his name) and so on.  My take is that the real Arthur was not one man, but rather several men that continued a legacy of early British independence from Rome and Barbarian invasions. 

historians seemed to be generally leaning toward that being a title and not an individual. Is this the debate to which you refer?

I have read on the title debate and honestly I can see it as a possibility but I have yet to find evidence.
Knight of The Lion Blade