"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play, but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache."
                -- Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Author Topic: Historic Enterprises riveted mail  (Read 3983 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Historic Enterprises riveted mail
« on: 2008-07-15, 03:09:47 »

My voiders and fauld got here today. I don't have pics yet, but they're pretty nice! They're reasonably lightweight, so adding them isn't going to weigh me down. This riveted stuff is going to get me addicted.

http://www.historicenterprises.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=25
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Das Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: Historic Enterprises riveted mail
« Reply #1 on: 2008-07-15, 03:31:16 »

My voiders and fauld got here today. I don't have pics yet, but they're pretty nice! They're reasonably lightweight, so adding them isn't going to weigh me down. This riveted stuff is going to get me addicted.

http://www.historicenterprises.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=25

Awesome!

Yeah, I find that once you get some nice rivetted stuff, you just can't go back. :)
"A despondent heart will always be defeated, regardless of skill." -Master Sigmund Ringeck

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Historic Enterprises riveted mail
« Reply #2 on: 2008-07-16, 16:12:24 »
sweet dude!!

for the skirt. we'll sew a non-buckling belt to the top and punch some pointing holes into the leather. then we'll sew some points onto your arming jacket so you can easily remove the skirt as needed.

the the voiders.. the only thing i can think of to make them removeable is do it just like the skirt. add leather around the edges so you can point them to it.  i think velcro would be a bad idea, the weight and movement would jsut pull it off... besides it would make me just want to punch you everytime i saw it hehehhehehe jkjk ;)  keep an eye open for the standard. they are a great addition to the kit as you saw ;)

hehehe once u go riveted it is so hard to goto butted again. i go do so much more with my kits if i would let me self make or buy butted... but i cant!! hehehehe