"I think that more Knights are made on the school-ground than on the battle field."
                ---Benjamin Disraeli

Author Topic: MRL annual sale  (Read 6290 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: MRL annual sale
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-02, 13:22:50 »

15% on Saturday. If there's anything you want from MRL, that's the day!
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-02, 15:00:59 »
Not a great time for me to be broke :(
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-02, 21:52:53 »
ya i am so broke. i just spent like 680 bucks!

now both my durango and pickup need brakes! FML!

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2012-05-03, 01:48:38 »
I just dropped $750 on a new musket, so my budget for the next couple months is pretty well shot. It's a really cool musket, though ;D

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #5 on: 2012-05-03, 16:29:01 »
which one did you get? pictures? who was the maker? i remember you saying you saw one but didn't get teh details. really sorry i missed ft frederick, but i had no cash on hand...

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2012-05-03, 19:39:26 »
I'm uh...dropping money like its goin out of style here and there.  Think I might put up my Mad Matt arm and leg harnesses up for sale...goin in another direction.

You know, I check out their site (MRL) pretty much every day...they've got nothing I really want.  Movie/video game stuff aside (which isn't all that great, doable, but not great)...I think I've lost my taste for MRL in general.  That makes me sad because it means I'll be spending more money on better stuff...but less often.  lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 2012-05-03, 23:41:21 »
I'm uh...dropping money like its goin out of style here and there.  Think I might put up my Mad Matt arm and leg harnesses up for sale...goin in another direction.

You know, I check out their site (MRL) pretty much every day...they've got nothing I really want.  Movie/video game stuff aside (which isn't all that great, doable, but not great)...I think I've lost my taste for MRL in general.  That makes me sad because it means I'll be spending more money on better stuff...but less often.  lol

Is a new thread in order, with what direction you're going now?

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #8 on: 2012-05-04, 00:15:05 »
sir william is falling into my disease. oh how i wish for the days when ignorance was bliss and everything was cool ahhahaha

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #9 on: 2012-05-04, 01:28:43 »
which one did you get? pictures? who was the maker? i remember you saying you saw one but didn't get teh details. really sorry i missed ft frederick, but i had no cash on hand...

I picked up a doglock musket, I put up a couple pics on my FB page. I can't seem to get pics to upload here. She's real nice and shoots like a dream. The guy I bought her from just researches and builds guns that interest him, mostly 17th and early 18th century, I got his card, but it's downstairs somewhere. I'm gonna call him in a few weeks and discuss him building me a snaphaunce dragoon musket, the idea intrigued him enough he said he do it even though he rarely builds guns by request. I'm planning to use my new doglock for later 17th century events we might do, like ECW or Thirty Years War and for a new 18th century kit I'm going to put together. It looks like the Sir Wolf disease is rubbing off on more than Sir William. I'm going to work on either a Colonial Longhunter or an 18th Century Native impression. I'm shooting more for French and Indian War era, but I'll keep my Rev War options open too. It looks like a couple of us from my present reenacting unit are going to be branching out to 18th Century.

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #10 on: 2012-05-04, 01:54:57 »
awesome. i passed on a doglock and got a fussil a few years ago. still have never fired it. great buy

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 2012-05-04, 13:50:23 »

No brother, at least...not yet.  Haven't figured out where I'm going just yet.  I do blame Sir Wolf in a way...he is what I could be if I don't keep myself in hand.  No pun intended.  lol

In any case...it would seem that the 13th is my current clarion call...but again, am not 100% sure.  Those arm and leg harnesses are really nice and custom made for me...it'd be a shame to let'm go but if I have no use for them...
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 2012-05-04, 16:58:00 »

No brother, at least...not yet.  Haven't figured out where I'm going just yet.  I do blame Sir Wolf in a way...he is what I could be if I don't keep myself in hand.  No pun intended.  lol

In any case...it would seem that the 13th is my current clarion call...but again, am not 100% sure.  Those arm and leg harnesses are really nice and custom made for me...it'd be a shame to let'm go but if I have no use for them...

If you do make the difficult choice to leave the fantastic world of "full plate" armor (but why would you??) ... keep the local armor addict (who might fit them) in mind if you're going to sell the arms & legs. ;)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 2012-05-04, 18:08:45 »
I shall...although if you are referring to yourself, your arms and legs are bigger than mine, Sir.  :)

Sir Wolf

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #14 on: 2012-05-19, 01:53:47 »
Phones will be open Saturday from 10AM to 4PM. We are also extending a 15% discount to all web purchases Saturday only!