"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
                -- Calvin Coolidge

Author Topic: Knight's Armory/Clay Moore Gothic Finger Gauntlets Auction  (Read 4274 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82295&highlight=
SwordCollector

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Knight's Armory/Clay Moore Gothic Finger Gauntlets Auction    Reply with quote
I have a pair of Gothic-style finger gauntlets made by Clay Moore. They are 16 gauge mild steel and are polished to a high sheen. They are in almost new condition- no dents or rust. I've only worn them a few times to handle my swords and they've never been hit before. They mostly just sit on my mantle for display.

I don't really use them for anything and I could use the money for tuition this coming fall.

The glove size for these gauntlets are a medium. I have size 8.5 hands, and I feel that the gloves fit a little loose. I think size 9-10 hands would enjoy a more snug fit. The gloves have been broken in a little, but otherwise are in excellent condition- no rips or scuffs. For reference, here are some measurements of my hands:

7.5 inches from wrist to middle finger
4.5 inches wide across the palm
2.5 inch thumb
2.75 inch index finger
3.25 inch middle finger
3.0 inch ring finger
2.25 inch pinky

I'm running an auction for these gauntlets until sometime next Thursday night.

I'd like the bidding to start from $250US. If the bids reach $500US or over, I'll throw in shipping for free.

Thanks for looking, here are some pictures. If you have any additional queries about the gauntlets, feel free to post them.

Sword Chick

• Founder/Lead Instructor Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts
  • Forum Follower
    • Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts
http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82295&highlight=

The glove size for these gauntlets are a medium. I have size 8.5 hands, and I feel that the gloves fit a little loose. I think size 9-10 hands would enjoy a more snug fit.

Drat.  I have size 7 - 7 1/2 hands.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-26, 10:30:40 by Sword Chick »
"Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?
Where's the street wise Hercules to fight the rising odds?"
~Steinman/Pitchford

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
I don't know what size my hands are. I think I usually get "large" gloves, but have done ok with mediums depending on how they're made. How does one measure for glove size?

EDIT: Found a link that describes it, and I see that it's just a circumference measurement. Guess I'm technically a medium, around size 8.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-26, 14:01:20 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )