"Do not be tricked into thinking that there are no crocodiles just because the water is still."
                -- Malaysian Proverb

Author Topic: Job & home.  (Read 5889 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Job & home.
« on: 2012-02-27, 23:13:41 »
I am still looking for a stable place to live as I gave my 30 day notice to my landlord on 2/14 4 days after moving in (no heat or fully working stove and she refused to fix them), but on the good news front I will be back as a Temp Google Driver starting on 3/19!

That'll be some $540 a week gross coming my way for 4-12 weeks!
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Job & home.
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-28, 00:21:09 »
great!

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2012-02-28, 00:31:03 »
I am still looking for a stable place to live as I gave my 30 day notice to my landlord on 2/14 4 days after moving in (no heat or fully working stove and she refused to fix them), but on the good news front I will be back as a Temp Google Driver starting on 3/19!

That'll be some $540 a week gross coming my way for 4-12 weeks!

Google driver huh?  So you're the guy driving around taking creepy photos of everyone's houses for google maps?  :)  j/k  In all seriousness, that's great news!
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2012-02-28, 02:14:42 »
Congrats on the new temp job, and sorry to hear about the housing situation. I know in some states, it's illegal to have a renter in a house without heat during winter months (which I guess depends on temperature/severity). I saw it on Judge Judy or something-or-another.

You could always offer to keep the bonfire just big enough for cooking and heat, until she fixes the stove and heat.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Patrick

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Nex pro inhonesto, Deus pro totus.
    • The Order of the Marshal
« Reply #4 on: 2012-02-28, 03:12:47 »
Let me know when you'll be Googling in my neighborhood so I can stand out on the lawn in my kit!
Gules, a chevron argent between three cinquefoils ermine.
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."
Knight, Order of the Marshal

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #5 on: 2012-02-28, 04:16:10 »
Same here. Either that or I Round-Up the grass in my COA  ;D

Seriously though, congrats. God be with you.  :)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #6 on: 2012-02-28, 14:32:26 »

Hah, that would be great, to have us all standing out in our yards in full kit when the google car comes through. :) You know, I don't even know if they've gone down my street before. It's a dead-end road and tiny little neighborhood. It tends to get overlooked. I'll have to go check.

Congrats on finding some work! But yeah, I was surprised to hear about the heat. I don't think the landlord could get away with that here in VA.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Allan Senefelder

• Forum Follower
« Reply #7 on: 2012-02-28, 17:08:12 »
I know in some states, it's illegal to have a renter in a house without heat during winter months (which I guess depends on temperature/severity).

Yep, in this neck of the woods, your not going to get away with it. Cosmetics may have some variable enforcement, but between code enforcement and the various rental authorities, no heat, no stove will get you sited.

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #8 on: 2012-02-28, 17:50:05 »

Hah, that would be great, to have us all standing out in our yards in full kit when the google car comes through. :)

Lol thatd be amazing

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #9 on: 2012-02-28, 19:34:20 »
Great news and good luck in the home search  ;)
G.
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 2012-02-29, 18:23:47 »
Hey man, you got a gig, that's great news...maybe it'll work out into something f/t, one can only hope.  Speaking of hope, keep your head up man...a place'll come available to you.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 2012-03-01, 04:50:16 »
What she did is illegal here too but I plan to raise no hell till after I leave. She still has yet to get the landlord to give her a passkey or code for the maglocked gate.

The stove is broke and she treats all of this like some larger part of the melodrama that is her life and I'm a bad guy for wanting to stop acting like a victim, get off her ass, and fix the problem.

When is it appropriate to slap someone for their own good? When they act like this woman.
Fall down seven, get up eight.