Main > The Round Table

Is it still wrong if another culture says it is right?

<< < (3/4) > >>

SirNathanQ:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-12-08, 23:10:10 ---now its time to sue!! both the party involved and the household it was at!

--- End quote ---

Woo! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!  ;)

Sir William:
I would rather the young offender have to see the inside of a cell for this- or take a bat to his knee and end his basketball hopes. 

Ian:

--- Quote from: The Red Knight on 2011-12-08, 05:21:35 ---It is one thing to accept cultural differences, but turning a blind eye to basic human rights violations masquerading as tradition is quite another.

--- End quote ---

I think this really hits the nail on the head. 

I don't necessarily feel that the students in the story are truly apathetic to what happened.  Many may feel inside that it is quite wrong, but they have been taught to withhold any judgement by an overwhelmingly bland and PC society that's deepest fear is to offend someone's sentiments instead of take a stand for what is right.  This ultra-tolerance just breeds a culture of acceptance of what some would consider true evil.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-12-08, 23:10:10 ---now its time to sue!! both the party involved and the household it was at!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-12-09, 16:24:44 ---I would rather the young offender have to see the inside of a cell for this- or take a bat to his knee and end his basketball hopes.

--- End quote ---

IMO the best payback would be to first sue the family for a truckload of money. Take some of said money and then buy a baseball bat to demolish the perpetrator’s kneecaps thereby ending his hopes of a basketball scholarship/career then use the remainder on legal fees to keep your nephew out of jail.  ;)

--- Quote from: Ian on 2011-12-09, 19:07:53 ---
--- Quote from: The Red Knight on 2011-12-08, 05:21:35 ---It is one thing to accept cultural differences, but turning a blind eye to basic human rights violations masquerading as tradition is quite another.

--- End quote ---

I think this really hits the nail on the head. 

I don't necessarily feel that the students in the story are truly apathetic to what happened.  Many may feel inside that it is quite wrong, but they have been taught to withhold any judgement by an overwhelmingly bland and PC society that's deepest fear is to offend someone's sentiments instead of take a stand for what is right.  This ultra-tolerance just breeds a culture of acceptance of what some would consider true evil.

--- End quote ---

Well stated and righteous perceptions gentlemen!  :)

SirNathanQ:
Truly! Evil must not be tolerated, no matter how many times one gets called the bad guy by the perpetrators!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version