Main > The Round Table

A new lord at Caerphilly castle !!

<< < (7/11) > >>

Sir Edward:

Wow, amazing as always! I can't imagine a better setting!

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Yes Sir James they are "shooting" at us.
In European re-enactment it has been decided that as long as the archers use a bow of less than 40lb draw weight that they can shoot at live targets using re-enactment blunt arrows, or as they are commonly known, "red heads".
Lob or drop shots across a battle field are acceptable as long as every participant is wearing a helm.
Flat or point blank shooting is acceptable when the target is fully armored and wearing a fully visored helm.
 When they hit a fleshy bit it still hurts  :o

Once, a rubber tip/red head broke off as it hit the conical snout of my houndskull and the rest of the arrow got wedged into the ocular of the visor. Because I scrunch myself up in my helm and armor against the onslaught of arrows,I hadn`t realized what had happened. The Archers stopped shooting and the audience laughed at the arrow protruding from my face, I tilted my visor to see what they were laughing at and they laughed even more because now the arrow was sticking out of the top of my head. When I eventually realized what had happened, I blessed the day I had bought a helm with very narrow eye slits  ;)

G.

Sir Wolf:
lol!! i have one of the english longbows that have the 35 lb draw weight to "shoot" at other reenactors. mine came from england actually :)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Gerard de Rodes on 2012-12-17, 21:11:10 ---Yes Sir James they are "shooting" at us.
In European re-enactment it has been decided that as long as the archers use a bow of less than 40lb draw weight that they can shoot at live targets using re-enactment blunt arrows, or as they are commonly known, "red heads".
Lob or drop shots across a battle field are acceptable as long as every participant is wearing a helm.
Flat or point blank shooting is acceptable when the target is fully armored and wearing a fully visored helm.

Once, a rubber tip/red head broke off as it hit the conical snout of my houndskull and the rest of the arrow got wedged into the ocular of the visor. Because I scrunch myself up in my helm and armor against the onslaught of arrows,I hadn`t realized what had happened. The Archers stopped shooting and the audience laughed at the arrow protruding from my face, I tilted my visor to see what they were laughing at and they laughed even more because now the arrow was sticking out of the top of my head. When I eventually realized what had happened, I blessed the day I had bought a helm with very narrow eye slits  ;)

G.

--- End quote ---

Wow, that could have gone horribly wrong!  Thank god for houndskull bascinets!! :)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-12-18, 01:13:04 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Gerard de Rodes on 2012-12-17, 21:11:10 ---Yes Sir James they are "shooting" at us.

G.

--- End quote ---

Wow, that could have gone horribly wrong!  Thank god for houndskull bascinets!! :)

--- End quote ---

Wow, indeed! Besides, it's the wrong period for a King Harold impersonation! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version