Main > The Round Table

A new lord at Caerphilly castle !!

<< < (6/11) > >>

Sir William:
Wow...that's just plain awesome, Sir Gerard- we know you will discharge your duties to the utmost, Brother!

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
The attending lords ladies, and good people of the Freemen of Gwent and the fearsome  archers of Meibion y Ddraig, managed to bring life to these old grey walls.

Everyone pulled out all the stops to make the weekend a great success.
The rooms of the Great East gatehouse looked amazing, populated with all the furniture and every day items from 4 great families.

The archers took place in one of the lower garrison rooms and we had an armory set up in the other.

The Freemen`s tourney display was a popular attraction on both days, ending ,as usual, with myself as the English Lord and the Welsh commander, Cpt Nicholas Horton being shot at point blank range by the Welsh garrison archers.

My Daughter,the young Lady Caralee, was privilaged to be asked to be the attending dignitary for the weekend. This was in order to give our young lady visitors an interest in the events of the day. After all there is always plenty for young boys to get excited about what with all that armor, weapons and combat going on. I`ll never forget a little girls desperation to meet the princess, then the sheer expression of joy in her voice when she proudly announced that she had found her and met her and was suggesting that she should return to the king for Xmas .... lol

As requested, gentlemen, our good sheriff managed to find some time between visits from the MOPs to deploy his magic painting box to capture some images for everyone's delight.

http://s637.beta.photobucket.com/user/RubySage/library/Caerphilly%20Castle%20December%202011/Caerphilly%20Castle%20Christmas%20%20%202012

G.

Ian:
Excellent stuff!  What an awesome experience this must be.  Looks you all had a great time!  Thank you for sharing the photos again, I'm sure all of the fellas here are green with envy!

Thorsteinn:
Looks like fun!  :D

Sir James A:
Awesome indeed! Am I seeing this right - they're firing arrows at you??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version