"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time."
                -- Joe Girard

Author Topic: Your Highness  (Read 4089 times)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Your Highness
« on: 2011-11-13, 02:10:45 »
We watched "Your Highness" last night. Ugh, what a stupid, stupid movie. I got the feeling the film doesn't quite know what it is supposed to be. The humor isn't funny, mostly centered around using modern slang/swearing in a fantasy film, or it devolves into penis jokes or gay jokes. It's amusing at times, but never evoked a laugh.

Afterward, we just shook our heads and said "that was bad". I think that sums it up well.
« Last Edit: 2011-11-13, 02:11:06 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Your Highness
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-13, 15:15:45 »
"amusing at times, but never evoked a laugh" - perfect way to describe it. It may be the only medieval-ish movie I've watched and only seen once by choice.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-16, 16:22:02 »
Guess you'd have to be 'high' in order to appreciate it?  lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2012-02-22, 21:21:55 »
Ok, so I saw this movie on a lazy Saturday when I didn't feel like doing anything else.  I have one word to describe it:  horrid.  Considering the acting talent present (James Franco is a good actor, just not in this; I'd watch Natalie Portman plant vegetables - in the nude of course, who wouldn't tho, right, and Charles Dance is probably one of the best understated actors who can portray menace in a way that grabs you, love him in Game of Thrones) I thought it could've been done better.  I view this in the same vein as those idiotic ____ Movie movies (Superhero Movie, Scary Movie for example)...what was the last horror I'd seen?  Meet the Spartans...along the same vein.

This was a gratuitous waste of time and talent and yet...I did chuckle a few times.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€