Main > The Round Table

Deeds of Modern Knights

<< < (4/6) > >>

Sir William:
Matthew, who is your friend?  I ask because I got to meet a number of people who do that sort of thing overseas, specifically in Southeast Asia.  You ever hear of Aaron Cohen?  Formerly of Jane's Addiction?  This guy is a real crusader...an inspiration.  He came out to the SMS Walk in DC last year (my sister was there representing Philadelphia and I came in support) and spoke a little about it; I'm working my way through his book Slave Hunter but man...it is difficult to get through.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Cohen_(author)

Sir Matthew:
Yes, I am familiar with him, I'm a fan of his band but have not read the book. My freind's name is Tim Bradley. I'm not sure who he went overseas with, I believe the group is affiliated with his church but I'm not sure.

Sir William:
The book cuts no corners; it is gritty and disturbing.

SirNathanQ:
Truly, if one knows a tree by it's fruit, then I already have knowlege that you have the heart of a true knight, a most valiant dame!
It would have been good enough for me to be from the same stock as Sir William here, but that's truly a feat!
Welcome!  :)

Thorsteinn:
A Modern Knight from Nepal

"....As if that wasn't bad enough, from a side door more armed thugs leapt into action, pouring into the train from the jungle beyond. Dozens of unscrupulous goons began making their way down the aisles, shaking down everyone for their sh**, stealing wallets, tearing jewelry from the necks of old women, snatchin laptops and cell phones, and waving knives in the faces of terrified hostages.

Despite the chaos around him, Naik Bishnu Shrestha just sat there quietly. Not saying anything. Not betraying his emotions. Even when the thugs took his own wallet, he remained silent. Like a true badass, he knew that this wasn't his fight. Just be quiet, give them what they want, and survive. It's just a few hundred bucks. It's not worth dying over.

But then sh** got out of hand. You see, it just so happened that Shrestha was sitting near a cute 18 year-old girl, and when this gang of baby-kicking terrorists came by her seat they decided it would be awesome to be the complete fucking slime of the earth and gang-rape her in front of her own terrified parents just for shits and giggles. The terrorist leader cut open her shirt while she cried for help.

That was fucking it. Bishnu Shrestha couldn't just sit by any longer. ..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version