"I fear not the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks once. But I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times."
                -- Bruce Lee

Author Topic: Inspiring Story of Armour Theft & Return.  (Read 3400 times)

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Inspiring Story of Armour Theft & Return.
« on: 2011-10-06, 14:27:34 »
A good man of the Society had his armour stolen. It then showed up on Ebay where
it was spotted as suspicious, posted online as such, found to be stolen, where a
man bought it all so that it would not disappear and got it back to it's rightful
owner. Then others contributed funds to repay this good gentile for his service:

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139095

-Ivan
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Inspiring Story of Armour Theft & Return.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-06, 19:22:16 »
md02geist did a very noble thing in ponying up the cash to buy the armor back. Although after carefully reading that thread, which I've been following for some time, it doesn't look like the armor was actually stolen, but more the product of unclaimed goods as a result of the car reposession. I'm not sure why the owner didn't claim his goods after getting his vehicle back from the reposession company without its contents, as I think that would have saved a huge headache from ocurring.

What's sad is that despite knowing the truth the ebay 'seller' didn't care and still just wanted to make a quick buck and take advantage of a legal but unfortunate situation. md02geist is to be commended for his generosity in helping out the original owner.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-10-06, 19:28:07 »
Yea, what he did was chivalric in nature- especially given that his sole purpose in buying it was so that it could be returned to its rightful owner.  The circumstances surrounding the loss of said harness were a bit above the norm...he had a lot going on in his life at the time it would seem.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Thorsteinn

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2011-10-12, 22:37:23 »
I just sent him some small monies via Paypal. You can send him some too at: firefighterwall@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: 2011-10-12, 22:37:50 by RauttSkegg »
Fall down seven, get up eight.

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-10-13, 15:27:41 »
I have done so already- when I first heard about it.  I would have put in a bid as well, only it was already over what I could pull together on such short notice.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€