"Honor is like an island, rugged and without a beach; once we have left it, we can never return."
                -- Nicholas Boileau

Author Topic: Armored in walmart  (Read 3632 times)

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
Armored in walmart
« on: 2011-10-03, 05:12:38 »
Dont even try, they wont let you wear a helmet for security purposes they need to see your face, how boring.
Also went to gamestop demanding skyrim, they said it wasnt out yet, i said "THEN I SHALL BE BACK WITH AN ARMY" the reply "alright"
like why is everyone so boring now adays?

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: Armored in walmart
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-03, 18:09:11 »
I'd guess it's boring because of potential legal reasons, or fear or losing their jobs.

Walmart is a crazy land of it's own. I bet you could wear armor, just not the helmet. It wouldn't be the strangest thing ever seen in one of those stores. :)
(http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2011-10-03, 19:33:09 »
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  I've seen much worse or strange things lurking about the wal-marts of this country.  In fact, you're probably safer walking around wal-mart in armor.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #3 on: 2011-10-03, 22:32:51 »
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  I've seen much worse or strange things lurking about the wal-marts of this country.  In fact, you're probably safer walking around wal-mart in armor.

Yeah its kind of dumb

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-10-06, 20:43:47 »
Dont even try, they wont let you wear a helmet for security purposes they need to see your face, how boring.
Also went to gamestop demanding skyrim, they said it wasnt out yet, i said "THEN I SHALL BE BACK WITH AN ARMY" the reply "alright"
like why is everyone so boring now adays?

Not boring, safe.  All we need is one idiot in a great helm holding up the joint and those of us in the armored ranks all of a sudden become HIS brothers-in-arms.  They won't allow you into the Faire w/out first removing your helm either...that's a first for me but I understand the reasoning behind it.

As for sales counter people being boring...well...depends on the time of day (during high occupancy times like the afternoons after school lets out or after work when the business class rush in) but when they're within those hours, don't count on them being quick enough (or desirous enough) to respond in kind.  Also too...they're not making much more than minimum wage...just getting in to work was probably a chore in and of itself.  And then there's the fact that not everyone is cool enough to 'get' it...it takes an imagination to get into this sort of thing and it has been my experience that not everyone has one.  Don't feel bad...come to the faire, you'll get it all in good there.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€